Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Default Re: Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Ibanez Bi-Mode Chorus.
    Had one in the 80's because that's just what we did. Sold it off to pay for a Boss ME-30.
    About 10 years ago I found one cheap and bought it. Plugged it in a few times and then sold it after realizing it wasn't the 80's and I could double my money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    Yup, MXR Distortion +
    My first effect pedal, purchased back in 1981 or 1982, sold it by the mid-eighties (couldn't get a sound I liked, although I was clueless at the time)...Bought another one in 2008, modified it, liked the tone better, but still had no use for it. Bought two more in 2016, did mods on both, finally performed a mod that I actually liked, two of the pedals are in storage, one I use from time to time...
    I forgot about this one. The second pedal I bought in the early 2000s was a block logo LED MXR Distortion+ from '80 or '81 (can't remember the exact date). I was into Randy Rhoads at the time and it was cheap, so I figured why not? A couple years later I was kind of broke and didn't use the D+ much, so I sold it. Fast forward to the late 2000s and I came across another block logo non-LED Distortion+ for $29 at my friend's shop. I'd been missing the first one and couldn't refuse a price like that. I only play through it when I'm after that RR or early Maiden tone, but it's a fun toy to have at my disposal.

Honorable mention: EHX Small Clone
    The first pedal I bought was an early reissue (I think) and I bought it because I was learning to play One by Metallica, or something like that with a chorused clean tone. I sold it shortly later because I was broke (see a pattern there?) and because the bypassed tone was just horrible. I regretted it pretty shortly thereafter and spent ages looking for another Small Clone, but none of them sounded as good (or maybe I remember wrong). These days my chorus needs are handled by a 1980 Boss CE-2, so that quest is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

I have 3 Morley Wahs

Little Pigbacon

Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    I have 3 Morley Wahs
    Didn’t Kirk use a Morley wah, like back in the 90s?

Little Pigbacon

I started to make a list of the pedals Iíve owned more than once. It was heartbreaking. Iím on my third Ibanez CS5 (Soundtank chorus).

Several
    George Dennis wah- Optical no maintenance and they never break had 3 for over 20 years.
    Boss CS3- Tried others come back to these because they are both reliable and do what I want them to.
    Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus- Love the Roctron Chorus tone don't use them much but have 2
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Boss C5...I have three.
    TS9 own two now have gone through 2 others since 1983.
    Boss delays of various incarnations. Own 2 now. One more got fried by a bad one-spot.

Does it count that I have a Boss DD-2 and long chip MIJ DD-3? They're both the same circuit, and I bought the DD-2 because I loved the DD-3 and wanted another one. It didn't hurt that I got a great deal on it.
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

Never thougth about it but... No.

I bought back certain studio gear, guitar amps and have a load of the same pickups but stompboxes, never.

Looking back it seems to be really strange.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Boss DS-1 and SD-1. Bought, sold, bought back.
    Arion Tubulator. Bought and sold at least 3 times. Now I want one back.
    Blues Driver. Bought and sold stock. Bought Keeley modded version.

Almost forgot my Soul Food. Bought, sold. Bought back. Had two at a time for awhile. She's a keeper.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-25-2019 at 10:30 AM.

I also owned two Wampler Tumnuses at one point. I shouldn't have sold the second one

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    Didnít Kirk use a Morley wah, like back in the 90s?
    I know Cliff Burton did, I have his signature wah. It is a fantastic Fuzz/Wah.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    Didn’t Kirk use a Morley wah, like back in the 90s?
    In the early 90s Kirk used an EMB Remote Wah. He switched to Dunlop Crybaby rackmounts after EMB disappeared in the mid 90s, and he's used them since.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

ProCo Rat...
    Metal muff with top boost...
    Ibanez digital delay..
    Metal zone...
    DigiTech Metal Master...

Cuz I wanted to try them out again, or replace a broken one.

Have owned two Dyna Comps

Both times just didn't get along with how dark and spongey they can be

Have also had two Carbon Copy delays
    Both times couldn't get on with this metallic clangy sound they had when trying to do slapback.

I really just wanted to give them their fair shake and they are plentiful used so I tried em both twice over the years and neither are really what I want.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

not a pedal but three boss gt-001s....kept getting close to what I wanted got frustrated and sold...great product at a really reasonable price but just couldn't get it dialed in...

Ibanez OD-850 / Ibanez Overdrive (Muff variant) : I bought the re-isssue because I could nor repair the old one.

But I never sold and bought again.
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

1.) Have you owned any pedals more than once? Yes

2.) Which one(s)? Boss SD-1, Boss SD-2, Boss DS-1, MXR Phase 90.

3.) How come? I had modded and sold a few. The SD-2 I wish I had kept. Never modded that one. The DS-1 I tried to get a long with and keep but in the end, it simply doesn't work for me. I like the SD-1 but wanted to try some others. Now I have an OD-3 coming (first time with that one). The MXR block logo Phase 90 stock simply stinks. The bypass circuitry sucks and it sucks tone. They need to either go TB on them or buffered bypass. I know a few of the models are TB (or hard-wire bypass) but the basic run of the mill block logo model is not.

4.) How come why? See #3.
    Last edited by ErikH; 04-29-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Yes.

Several DS-1's from the 80's to the 90's. Still have one from 98'

3 Dunlop Cry Baby's. Still have one but using a Fulltone Clyde now.

I have a Visual Sound Jeckyl and Hyde pedal (O.D. and Dist) Cleared off pedal board for a boss tuner and replaced the J&H with the single distortion version Son of Hyde. This is a nice sounding distortion circuit in My Opinion. I still use the J&H on my small practice rig. Sounds the best with distortion drive set around 9 o'clock.

Can we talk about guitar pickups ? lol

Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar

Default Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Had two Big Muffs, one was a Guild Foxy Lady back in the 70s. That got stolen along with my Ď64 Gibson ES-330TD. Bought a green Russian Muff in the 80s. I hated it. So I sold it at a profit a bit later.

Had a Cry Baby wah which I didnít like. Sold that and got a Vox wah (which is one of the Dunlop versions). Still have that.

Had a script Phase 90. Someone stole the circuit board out of it. Think it was my old keyboard player. Jerk. Bought a more recent one which I still have.

Had a real Maestro Bass Brassmaster. I think that same keyboard player opened it up and scratched the circuit board up with something (he hated effects on bass). Built my own years later.

Also had a Yamaha Rex50 effects unit. The old one broke back in the 80s. Bought a used one a few years ago on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk