Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Default Re: Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Well, I haven't revisited a pedal, but I have repurchased an amp that I sold. A Tech 21 Trademark 60. It's a weird little amp but just seems to fit what I need every once in awhile.

And then I had a girlfriend that came back once and wanted to do it all over again, but I thought, "Naah..."
    Last edited by SAguitar; 05-01-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Little Pigbacon

I have “consciously revisited” pedals, like the Metal Zone, DS-1, Ibanez CS5, Ibanez MS-10 Metal Charger, the Boss Blues Driver. Others I have re-bought in the years after the Eastern pedal blight wiped many of them out. One interesting thing about these pedals is that some of them got an upgrade — the OCD went up a few revisions, the 535Q went from 18V to 9V and got a red Fasel inductor, my Mini Q-tron became a Q-tron +, the Polytune was two revisions newer, and the BMP New York got a fresh paint job when I bought a new one that didn’t have all the scratches my friend had put on the old one.

And my favourite double-mint pedal story: I had let another friend borrow my Tech21 U.S. Steel. I knew he would have it pretty long-term, and I thought I might want to use it before then. So I bought another one.
    Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 05-07-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
    Had two Big Muffs, one was a Guild Foxy Lady back in the 70s. That got stolen along with my ‘64 Gibson ES-330TD. Bought a green Russian Muff in the 80s. I hated it. So I sold it at a profit a bit later.

Had a Cry Baby wah which I didn’t like. Sold that and got a Vox wah (which is one of the Dunlop versions). Still have that.

Had a script Phase 90. Someone stole the circuit board out of it. Think it was my old keyboard player. Jerk. Bought a more recent one which I still have.

Had a real Maestro Bass Brassmaster. I think that same keyboard player opened it up and scratched the circuit board up with something (he hated effects on bass). Built my own years later.

Also had a Yamaha Rex50 effects unit. The old one broke back in the 80s. Bought a used one a few years ago on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OT, but how close was a Foxy Lady to a Big Muff?
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Currently own two Boss NS2s.

Works great with my big rig - no tone suck whatsoever, but does add a bit of buzz to clean sounds but that's easily filtered out by my ear plugs.
    Not so great with my small home setup - chews up some of the high end and without ear plugs in, the added buzz when playing clean gets annoying. Still does the job fairly well once I move into high gain territory.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

You could have two similar EQ in your board...
    (But I do even have one yet.)
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    OT, but how close was a Foxy Lady to a Big Muff?
    It was a rebranded Big Muff. Even said Electro Harmonix on the circuit board.

The older Foxy Lady was a two knob distortion from EHX.

I had one of the "version 1" MXR Wylde Overdrives that I LOVED and I still have no idea what compelled me to sell it. I bought one of the later versions that had different knobs and all that, and it seemed to be built so much cheaper, didn't sound as good as I remembered and then the switch broke and I just threw it out in disappointment. Not sure if I'll buy another since I have my eyes on other overdrives and I have a perfectly good TS already.

Another that I may own again soon is a Russian Big Muff. I had a black box as my very first effect pedal, and it didn't sound like Slash so I returned it, and here I am years later wishing I had it now that I know its applications better. Oh, to be young and dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar216 View Post
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho8807 View Post
    Another that I may own again soon is a Russian Big Muff. I had a black box as my very first effect pedal, and it didn't sound like Slash so I returned it, and here I am years later wishing I had it now that I know its applications better. Oh, to be young and dumb.
    I had a green Russian Big Muff. I didnít like it. Didnít have that smooth tone like my old one. I eventually sold it for more than I bought it for. Lol. It was mint, and I still had the wooden crate it came in. Funny how we all like what we like.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Rex_Rocker's Avatar

Boss SD-1.

Had one, sold it because it was just a tad too quiet and didn't reach unity gain with hot pickups. Made my OCD click, so I got rid of. I recently realized it sounded killer, and that it doesn't really matter if it's a tad quiet since it's getting lots of gain dropped on top of, so I got another one. Honestly, might do the same about the Duncan 805 I sold a few weeks ago, LOL.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-08-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho8807 View Post
    I had one of the Green ones in a wood box and never cared all that much for it. I have one of the new EH reissues and it sounds light years better than the old one, but it's pretty much a dedicated bass fuzz for the band now. I much prefer my stomp under foot civil war muff.

Totally, sonic maximizer. I instantly regretted selling and got it back. Line 6 POD I sold and bought back. I did it with an amp before, A Fender M80. Oh yea, been there a bunch.

Mojo's Minions

An original Fender Blender. Stolen in 1972. Years later, bought a second one. Stolen. (Won't buy another one!)

My original VOX Wah was stolen in 1972. I replaced it with a Thomas Organ Cry Baby. I've also acquired a modern CB Classic, and a newish VOX Clyde McCoy, but the old Thomas is the one I use.

I have at least two Boss DD-3s around. I have a Carbon Copy original, and a new CC Bright.

I have an old blue MXR 10-Band EQ that I used with my old SUNN Solos II 212 combo, and I bought a second one years ago for a backup. And then acquired a new foot switchable model to use with my Taylor acoustic, but I could never get the warmth out of the Taylor I wanted, even with the MXR.

I've replaced my ailing Boss PH-1r Phasor with a PH-3. Like the 1r better. Replaced a TU-2 with a TU-3, and now I've bought the WAZA version.

And I've acquired several SNARK Super Tight tuners and Korg CA-30s. I tend to acquire stuff and hang on to it. And if I like it, I'll buy multiples, if I have a need.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.