Thread: New Fragmenta Single.

Default New Fragmenta Single.

Apologies for my lack of activity lately. My life lately has been dramatic to say the least, but in that time I've reformed the band, we're back in business hitting the stage and are premiering a new song which has recently been included on Nuclear Blast's latest "Imperative Music" DVD next to some awesome major label and independent bands. You can grab the song for free at any of the links below.

Bandcamp
    Soundcloud

Reverbnation

There will be plenty more where that came from this year and I'll be able to commit more time to music in general from here on in. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Beer$; 04-29-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our ReverbNation

Default Re: New Fragmenta Single.

Here's the DVD it's on, included with Nuclear Blast's magazine.

https://www.imperative-music.com/com...dvd-volume-16/
    Last edited by Beer$; 04-29-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Hell yeah! That's a rippin' track, mate!

Nice to see you're still at it.

I just realized it's been 4 years since the Corpse Platoon video! Yowza!!!

Keep us updated. Good stuff as always!

Quote Originally Posted by masta' c View Post
    Hell yeah! That's a rippin' track, mate!

Nice to see you're still at it.

I just realized it's been 4 years since the Corpse Platoon video! Yowza!!!

Keep us updated. Good stuff as always!
    Thanks man. I had to deal with a lot over the last year but I'm finally back at it. Glad it was worth the wait. I'm keen to make a video for this one too.

Tone Member

Nice chunk and chops! Good stuff

Hey I dig it... what's cool is you didn't go all scooped mids on the guitar tone. Vox are excellent too!
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    I thought it sounded great, until I heard something that sounded good.
    Guitaramped.com

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Hey I dig it... what's cool is you didn't go all scooped mids on the guitar tone. Vox are excellent too!
    Gotta have some nice mids or the guitars would just disappear with all the synth and vocal layers going on. Another cool thing to listen for; towards the end when the guitars play the riff alone for a couple of bars, you'll notice I was able to keep the low end cab thump as well. I find you can get away with more in that regard just by using less gain, blending different types of amps together and spending enough time on EQ (especially between the guitars, bass and drums.) instead of just using aggressive hi-pass and calling it a day.

Some say you can't make everything sound big. I say those who say that just aren't ready to sacrifice hours, days and weeks of their life to make it happen

Sounds great ma dude!

EDIT: Great to have ya back and good to hear things are movin' up!
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Nice recording! If I was nit-picking, the frequency sweep right at the beginning was a cool way to start the track but I found the transition from the top of the sweep back to the regular sound kinda jarring . . . like someone just flipped off the effect. Other than that, it sounds really good. For such a busy song, everything has it's own sonic space carved out nicely.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Nice recording! If I was nit-picking, the frequency sweep right at the beginning was a cool way to start the track but I found the transition from the top of the sweep back to the regular sound kinda jarring . . . like someone just flipped off the effect. Other than that, it sounds really good. For such a busy song, everything has it's own sonic space carved out nicely.
    Ditto. Nice licks. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Thanks, I am quite proud of the production and feel it's my new benchmark to try and match or beat from now on. It was part of the challenge I relish to get all those elements working together. It was very fun to make.

I am aware that the intro transition might be jarring to some, it was intentional, there's even a bass drop when the song kicks in. I tried a few different ways to do it (I didn't want to do the standard prog/djent lo-fi intro) and my favourite was this one. There's some bit-rate reduction on their too (I love bit-crushers, I'm always looking for ways to incorporate them) which gives it a cool squelchy sound. I just find it so explosive. It's even better live when we play the sample and launch right into it. It has a similar "kapow" transition, like a depth charge.
    Last edited by Beer$; 05-14-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Now available on all streaming servicves (Spotify, YouTube etc.) so you can listen on the go!