Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: Kemper - what's the point?

Default Re: Kemper - what's the point?

I am old as dirt (35) and I want to hang on to tradition too, but I don't get why there is so much hate aimed at this amp. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I welcome innovation in guitar products because we as guitar players are now more and more on the wrong side of history. We are becoming stewards of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsnake View Post
    We are becoming stewards of the past.
    This.

We are currently living in a golden age of gear, but don't let that fool you: "this thing of ours" is dying.

Our generation (at least, those who grew up with r'n'r) will carry it until we're gone... and then it will slowly fade out.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    I thought it sounded great, until I heard something that sounded good.
    Guitaramped.com

I wouldnít say itís out to pasture just yet.
    Sure, itís not what it was 30 years ago but these thing have a way of recurring. Nostalgia has a way of coming back again and again albeit in slightly different variations.
    Will we see 80ís metal rule the airwaves again? Probably not but I think in some way, shape or form guitar playing will survive.
    Just look at the plethora of amazing players on YouTube and Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by justFred View Post
    I can dig consistency but that is not my thing....sometimes accidental thises and thats turn out to be great new things never expected...admittedly more often than not they just sound like crap but to me it's worth a shot...
    You will never get all the music coming out of say a Super Reverbs 4 speakers with an open back with a modeler...the sounds massive combinations are just way to complicated...that is the beauty...
    but as someone else said...the audience mos likely doesn't even know who is playing much less if it's a real amp or a modeler...
    Off the top of my head, I've owned Marshall Superleads, JCM800s, JCM900s, Soldanos, Mesa Mark IV and Recto, Randalls MTS and T2, Fender Prosonic and Champs, Peavey Classics and ?, and stereo rack systems (the Kasha Rockmod preamp sounds glorious, best tones I've ever had and that was through a MosValve power amp), so I do have a little experience with real amps. I love amps and I miss them, but pretty much any of those other than the Champ would be impractical for what I do now, and mic'ing is a lost art for a lot of sound guys now days, and we don't really even get a sound check anyway so not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by devastone; 06-19-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsnake View Post
    I am old as dirt (35) and I want to hang on to tradition too, but I don't get why there is so much hate aimed at this amp. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I welcome innovation in guitar products because we as guitar players are now more and more on the wrong side of history. We are becoming stewards of the past.
    Nah man, in another 20 years you will be approaching dirt status. But I totally agree with you, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If we all liked and used the same thing what would be the point. Granted, with modelers, everyone approaches things different so there is pretty much an infinite palate of sounds in any of the upper end boxes, but I think the OP (Ace) of this long thread was more talking about the profiling abilities of the Kemper, and to start a, uhm, discussion.