Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Gibsons

Default Re: New Gibsons

Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Nice to see Gibson trying to do something different i suppose but id rather have my 2012 Standard than anything ive seen so far in 2019.
    Why exactly? Have the specs actually changed? I thought the standard has been pretty consistent in terms of specs.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Nice to see Gibson trying to do something different i suppose but id rather have my 2012 Standard than anything ive seen so far in 2019.
    If you wake up in the morning and it’s gone, I might know where it went.

I love those amber standards!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Ultimate Tone Slacker metalchurch79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    I think you know what you have to do.
    I know bro, don't tempt me!! hahaha! Don't tell my Kramers this but I've secretly been wanting another 67 style Flying V, now as to whether or not I'd Floyd that thing depends, but most likely it would get one eventually.
    My other idea was to use a Kahler 7330 flat mount bridge which is identical to their 2300 series except it's a fixed bridge and still has fine tuners, then a locking nut and Id be set. They even make spacers to raise the bridge for guitars with steep neck angles.

Then sand the back of the neck to slim the profile and get it to bare wood and really smooth. Then a 1hum/1vol '67 style pickguard Hahaha! I guess my point is that no matter what I buy, I still have to dump time and money into it to get them to perform to my liking. I'm still tempted though. Shhhhhhh.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch79 View Post
    I know bro, don't tempt me!! hahaha! Don't tell my Kramers this but I've secretly been wanting another 67 style Flying V, now as to whether or not I'd Floyd that thing depends, but most likely it would get one eventually.
    My other idea was to use a Kahler 7330 flat mount bridge which is identical to their 2300 series except it's a fixed bridge and still has fine tuners, then a locking nut and Id be set. They even make spacers to raise the bridge for guitars with steep neck angles.

Then sand the back of the neck to slim the profile and get it to bare wood and really smooth. Then a 1hum/1vol '67 style pickguard Hahaha! I guess my point is that no matter what I buy, I still have to dump time and money into it to get them to perform to my liking. I'm still tempted though. Shhhhhhh.
    I like the idea of a flush mounted trem...

I traded my 2012 Standard towards the Standard 50s Gold top. The 2012 was a great guitar but this guitar addressed some of the things I didnt like about it. First of all, the PCB electronics. Ever since changing the pickups it was in my plans to eventually pull all of the circuit board stuff out and wire like a 50s LP. To me, pickup swaps were a royal pain in the butt, and I never, ever used the push pull pots while playing.
    The fat neck of the 50's standard feels perfect in my hands. I've never liked the tendencies of guitar companies to go thinner on necks as I have very large hands.
    A more controversial subject, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the substantial feel of my non weight relief nearly 11# guitar.
    The Alnico 2 Burstbucker pickups sound amazing. I have no plans to change anything about this guitar. Even the setup is spot on, I've made no adjustments as of yet, intonation is on, low action, no buzzing.
    What else can I say. I absolutely love it. This is my guitar soul mate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This is my signature

Well I bit part of the bullet today

Threw down a few bucks on a new Junior, thought for sure I'd go for a Special but after spending about 1/2hr playing the Jr. I was sold. Had it going thru an AC-10 that might have to be mine, big chunks of Vox fun seemingly without any of the downsides of Vox-dom.

Also played one of the new Jr Tributes, not bad at all, wasn't for me but it was a really solid guitar.

I look forward to trying out the modern LP. While I probably can't get one anytime soon (even though I am a Gibson artist), I dig all of the features.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

I poop in my KISS diapers while I cry that they are mean to me Aceman's Avatar
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!

Well - Does anyone ACTUALLY own one yet - as in "In hands" or is this a speculation thread???
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Well - Does anyone ACTUALLY own one yet - as in "In hands" or is this a speculation thread???
    I'll have mine tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Post #48 of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Got the Jr home, have to run to practice so I'll post pics when I get back home.

I did a quick fret poilish and conditioned the board, it needed both, nothing drastic but to go out and use it with the band with no playing time on it yeah lol. The frets are dressed really nicely but it needed the polish, the nut is fine, came with 10-46. The board was a little rough but I'll attribute that mostly to atmospheric conditions. Looks like the guitar came off the bench at Gibson 2 months ago so who knows what warehouses etc it sat in.

It sounds ridiculously good - huge, gnarly Jr gloriousness.

Nice. No frills rock and roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.