Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Amps

Default Re: Fender Amps

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    This is an original '66 (blackface) Deluxe with original NOS tubes cranked to the max; using a Strat with Callaham H/SRV single coils (bridge only):

that was full up? my '66 dr is dirtier than that with vintage output singles when cranked. tone is great there though. i have a weber recone g12h30-55 on a celestion v30 in mine at the moment so that might be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Also TS

The magic six setting on any Blackface/Silverface 1965 and 1968 or similar reissues is real -and magical . -try it in a store if you travel sometime and if you don't buy one -I dare you

most players don't drive a non master Fender at 6 -more often 3 or 4 -but they are missing out -especially for recording

I played a giant venue in Nashville this year -and even I couldn't get my Deluxe to 6 without the other players being pissed...

for my dr, i think the magic setting is vol 6, treble 6, bass 4, reverb 3. a super reverb sounds amazing with vol 9, treble 8, mid 7, bass 3, reverb 3. its loud as hell though

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: Fender Amps

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    that was full up? my '66 dr is dirtier than that with vintage output singles when cranked. tone is great there though. i have a weber recone g12h30-55 on a celestion v30 in mine at the moment so that might be part of it

for my dr, i think the magic setting is vol 6, treble 6, bass 4, reverb 3. a super reverb sounds amazing with vol 9, treble 8, mid 7, bass 3, reverb 3. its loud as hell though
    9... Hell yeah!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard