I did prefer it in this video, though I did think the
    PRS takes a close second. The Orange did not
    impress me, but if you were to give me one, Id
    gladly take it. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/KcChN0zziiU

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: Marshall vs PRS vs Orange

Thanks for posting.

Well, except for the terrible tattoo -pretty good video.

I hated the PRS sound personally -sounded ratty -with AM radio range tone bump .....gross

The Marshall was the best overall, tight and beautiful. BUT the Orange has a fuzzy vintage vibe that would be a better choice for stoner/doom metal or a Black Sabbath cover band.

I'd say both are great.
    For me, when everything goes wrong thats when adventure starts. Yvonne Chouinard

Ultimate Tone Slacker Nostalgic Distortion's Avatar

Yeah definitely the Marshall for first place, Orange second, & PRS 3rd. I’m actually kinda surprised I didn’t like the PRS more since I normally gravitate toward 6L6 & 6V6 amplifiers?

Also FWIW, almost non of us made it through the 90’s without at least one bad tribal tattoo....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

I played the Mrashall and the PRS side by side and wound up buying the PRS. Don't know what was going on here but the tones I'm getting out of my PRS were not represented here. That amp just sounded flat and dead my MT15 is anything but. Also my cleans are a LOT better than that shows.
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-12-2019 at 05:09 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Fender 99 Mex modded Strat, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

W O W . . . what went wrong here ????

I am shocked at the out come.

For me it was :

1st) PRS

2nd) Orange

3rd) Marshall

I am shocked to hear just how close the Marshall and Orange sounds to one another.
    I thought there would have been a bigger diff.
    I deff did prefer the clean tone of the Orange though.
    Am i the only one who prefer the dirt tone of the PRS ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
    W O W . . . what went wrong here ????

I am shocked at the out come.

For me it was :

1st) PRS

2nd) Orange

3rd) Marshall

I am shocked to hear just how close the Marshall and Orange sounds to one another.
    I thought there would have been a bigger diff.
    I deff did prefer the clean tone of the Orange though.
    Am i the only one who prefer the dirt tone of the PRS ?
    this really show how different peoples ears and perception are. I guess it's what makes the world go 'round.

PRS sounds like a dumpster fire to me but I guess it's the physical structure of my ear and my brain processing it versus how yours is.

but really, if everyone heard the same way, we would have less variation in everything -so here's to all of you, who's amps sound like absolute crap to me
    For me, when everything goes wrong thats when adventure starts. Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    this really show how different peoples ears and perception are. I guess it's what makes the world go 'round.

PRS sounds like a dumpster fire to me but I guess it's the physical structure of my ear and my brain processing it versus how yours is.

but really, if everyone heard the same way, we would have less variation in everything -so here's to all of you, who's amps sound like absolute crap to me
    Not really. I own a PRS MT 15 and know they are fickle on what pickups they like. I agree with you on the clips here being disappointing but mine kills.

It absolutely hated the Dimarzio Gravity Storm / Illuminator set in my Carvin ST 300. That guitar with those pickups through that amp is just a mushy muddy mess. Now hit it with my Kiesel and the Perpetual Burn or my DC 127 Carvin and the Alt8/Sentient set and it sounds glorious. It's the pickups in the guitars he used.
    The MT 15 is a very expressive big sounding fat smooth amp on the crunch side without being muddy and has by far and away the best cleans of any of these lunchbox amps. I own 2 other high gain heads and 2 high gain combos was looking for a specific tone I didn't have and the MT 15 nailed it.
    This is more representative of the tones I'm getting and also shows some of the amps fickle nature with different guitars and pickups.
    It's all about the combination and with the right one these amps KILL!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-13-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Fender 99 Mex modded Strat, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Tone Member

That little PRS is my next amp