Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10-46 using drop D

Default Re: 10-46 using drop D

Thanks guys. I put some oil on the fretboard last night just to make it look good and healthy.

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

I've been using 9-46 for drop-D since, what, 1992 or so on all sort of guitars. Never had a neck warping problem because of that. What kills a neck is tuning all strings up and down 2-3 semitones all the time, weather that suck and lousy build materials.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPolo View Post
    I've been using 9-46 for drop-D since, what, 1992 or so on all sort of guitars. Never had a neck warping problem because of that. What kills a neck is tuning all strings up and down 2-3 semitones all the time, weather that suck and lousy build materials.
    Yes, but before going there (which I agree with you) I would like to add, that nut and bridge binding and dialing them in probably accounts for more than 80% of all issues IME -including screwing with the neck -and everything else get's blamed in frustration -so OP -make sure you nut and bridge are dialed in and the string moves smoothly across the tension points.
    '
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Yes, but before going there (which I agree with you) I would like to add, that nut and bridge binding and dialing them in probably accounts for more than 80% of all issues IME -including screwing with the neck -and everything else get's blamed in frustration -so OP -make sure you nut and bridge are dialed in and the string moves smoothly across the tension points.
    '

If you meant if i properly setup my floyd guitars nut and bridge level flat of the body while in dropD then yes. Its been always checked if its still in level.