Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Boutique Guitar Showcase

  1. #41
    Toneologist Obsessive Compulsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Holle auf Erden
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    What's even more inane: "the new Millennials will have new classics in these boutique guitars".

    How are millenials going to afford 10-grand booh-teek guitars? Charging 100 bucks membership fee for guitar fail You Tube videos?

  2. #42
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    21,925

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    You need to knock it off, or take a break.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  3. #43
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    21,925

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Nice!
    I can’t tell....
    Are these hardtail or trem?
    Hardtail, and headless.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  4. #44
    Mojo's Minions BriGuy1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Caledonia, MI USA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,075

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Lol...it's obvious I've managed to get under your skin all this time.

    You acting tough in real world or just online? Got bullied a lot as a kid Brian? Viagra bro, it'll cure your insecurity and manhood problem.

    Or you can make a good use of that 'ignore list' and we'll have a merry christmas...
    Youíre a spoiled child, and no, I was not bullied and have no need for viagra. Actually, trolls like you are the ones who were typically bullied and suffer from inadequacy issues.

    And for the record I would absolutely LOVE to tell you in person how much you act like a jerk everywhere on this forum... I have no qualms about calling out bad behavior in public or online. When I see a problem person I say something, so using the ignore button, as far as Iím concerned, is tantamount to giving you license to continue trolling.

    Now grow up and try at least acting like a decent person for a change... it might even help cure your problem and turn you into one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

  5. #45
    Mojo's Minions RorySquier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,776

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    LMFAO! I almost fell of my chair laughing at your statement. Did you really believe that was true or did you just make it up to take a swing at me? That same statement was used by Parket targeting generation X with its radical design in the mid 90s. You do remember that ad, do you not?

    If Strats etc are becoming passe, I guess builders of LP and strat copies need to take a clue from you cause they've been losing money all these years making super strats and copies that are more expensive than the originals (Suhrs, Andersons, etc,).

    You are a comedian. Thanks for the laugh.
    It's good to meet you me friend. As you can tell by the pictures in my signature that I have A Gibson Les Paul, a 1952 AVRI Fender Telecaster, a Gibson SG. a Fender MIA Stratocaster...and a SUPER STRAT Yamaha RGX Custom guitar which covers your spectrum of guitars that you have mentioned in your statement. Now I find that hilarious if you did not pay attention to my guitar collection that I have and I do find these new boutique guitars ahead of their time...a timeless classic.

    These new boutique guitars are very intriguing and I don't think they are as fragile as you make them out to be. I think they are built solid despite them being weak looking. You might be surprised how sturdy these guitars are if you ever tried playing them in person. I haven't tried them myself but I find them fascinating instruments and they can really inspire you musically. I'm glad I made you laugh my friend because you made me laugh also.



    ;>)/
    Last edited by RorySquier; 06-03-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

  6. #46
    Mojo's Minions RorySquier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,776

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Lol...it's obvious I've managed to get under your skin all this time.

    You acting tough in real world or just online? Got bullied a lot as a kid Brian? Viagra bro, it'll cure your insecurity and manhood problem.

    Or you can make a good use of that 'ignore list' and we'll have a merry christmas...
    When I read the highlighted statement above as indicated I find it somewhat disturbing and I find it also as a personal attack. I don't know why a discussion on boutique guitars all of a sudden becomes a question of a manhood problem? I am confused by this all...perhaps this picture below should become your new avatar?





    ;>)/
    Last edited by RorySquier; 06-03-2019 at 01:04 AM.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

  7. #47
    Toneologist Obsessive Compulsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Holle auf Erden
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by RorySquier View Post
    It's good to meet you me friend. As you can tell by the pictures in my signature that I have A Gibson Les Paul, a 1952 AVRI Fender Telecaster, a Gibson SG. a Fender MIA Stratocaster...and a SUPER STRAT Yamaha RGX Custom guitar which covers your spectrum of guitars that you have mentioned in your statement. Now I find that hilarious if you did not pay attention to my guitar collection that I have and I do find these new boutique guitars ahead of their time...a timeless classic.

    These new boutique guitars are very intriguing and I don't think they are as fragile as you make them out to be. I think they are built solid despite them being weak looking. You might be surprised how sturdy these guitars are if you ever tried playing them in person. I haven't tried them myself but I find them fascinating instruments and they can really inspire you musically. I'm glad I made you laugh my friend because you made me laugh also.



    ;>)/
    ?????!!!! What are you talking about? You are being incoherent. I was referring to your statement that 'Strats, LPs, etc. are becoming passe', which is ridiculous.

    Now you are trying to divert the attention to your guitar collection and boutique guitars being weak? Totally unrelated to my point.

    Go back to post #37 and try harder ...mon ami.

  8. #48
    Toneologist Obsessive Compulsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Holle auf Erden
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by RorySquier View Post
    Now I find that hilarious if you did not pay attention to my guitar collection that I have and I do find these new boutique guitars ahead of their time...a timeless classic.

    ;>)/
    Really? Why would I want to pay attention to your guitar collection? No offense, but I can't see one that sparks my interest; and that's just about the most polite way of expressing my opinion so as not to invoke an infraction.

    Different taste bro, different taste. I am more to Japanese superstrats (ESP and Ibanez). I don't give arse about vintage Teles or Les Pauls, sorry.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 06-03-2019 at 02:25 AM.

  9. #49
    Mojo's Minions BriGuy1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Caledonia, MI USA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,075

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

  10. #50
    Junior Member giulioskij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Really? Why would I want to pay attention to your guitar collection? No offense, but I can't see one that sparks my interest; and that's just about the most polite way of expressing my opinion so as not to invoke an infraction.

    Different taste bro, different taste. I am more to Japanese superstrats (ESP and Ibanez). I don't give arse about vintage Teles or Les Pauls, sorry.
    Ok, now itís clear. If you barely had the minimum interest in the topic you would call the difference from an industrial made guitar and an handcrafted guitar by a liutist. You didnít even argued my previous post. Ibanez and esp found their way when ultra technicians arrived in the scene and tried to push toward that direction following the trend. You know what? Now superstrat market is in crisis, used Ibanez superstrats have lost very much of their value (ah... when brands are strong just for the trend).
    Many people were mad at Ibanez for presenting new fancy products every month as if they were a fashion brand (which they were...!) devaluing incredibly the guitar they just bought... This is great thing for me as I want to get a good secondhand one without spending much, but this is the reason they started to push in the semi acoustic direction. Ever seen Díangelico guitars? Semi acoustic is now the trend. And millennials playing jazzy stuff on Instagram. (And Iím barely millennial...)
    As Iím saying, old brands are becoming weaker: Gibson barely bankrupted for his incredibly overpriced collection of mediocre quality built, Fender is trying everything to keep the brand strong creating PaRaLLeL UniVerSe series, selling Bluetooth speakers and other useless stuff, and Ibanez... as I just mentioned.
    However the topic here was boutique guitar and handcraft quality. Fender, Gibson and Ibanez, along with their industrial series also have che custom artisanal shop. Even ďEchoĒ guitars, which always been a bit crappy, are now offering lutist made guitars starting from Ä4.5k.
    All these guitars are highly priced and are, indeed, all of them good guitars.
    You can find handcrafted superstrat or whatever you need, the liutist will craft it for you.
    Now, if youíre so close minded to not value instruments in their wide spectrum because youíre the 1 only musical genre fanboy, thatís a thing. If youíre not, your intention is just jumping on someoneís other thread and start posting nonsense.
    Iíd like to fave a feedback on your degree of information, I like sharing knowledge.

  11. #51
    Mojo's Minions RorySquier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,776

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    ?????!!!! What are you talking about? You are being incoherent. I was referring to your statement that 'Strats, LPs, etc. are becoming passe', which is ridiculous.

    Now you are trying to divert the attention to your guitar collection and boutique guitars being weak? Totally unrelated to my point.

    Go back to post #37 and try harder ...mon ami.
    I'm being incoherent? I think I'll take the Mueller approach and clarify that you are splitting hairs and setting the Barr too low. I think you must understand that if you criticize a guitar you must first play it in order to determine a conclusion on the instrument. Apparently you have not tested this theory and therefore you are reaching a conclusion that you have not personally tested yourself. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my previous statement. Your opinion is welcome on this topic but you seem to be overly pessimistic on this subject of boutique guitars. A lot of these guitars are very well made and command a high price since they are not production guitars. That is understandable. Can you expect quality to be rushed? The answer is up to you. You can think what you want but it is up to any individual to make up their own own minds on what a quality instrument really is.



    ;>)/
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

  12. #52
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,657

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Guys, we all know Obsessive Compulsive is the forum troll.
    Please refrain from feeding him.
    He seldom adds value to a thread but instead chooses to poop all over a thread with an attempt to create controversy and chaos.
    Letís get back on topic and ignore the lunacy.

  13. #53
    Junior Member giulioskij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Guys, we all know Obsessive Compulsive is the forum troll.
    Please refrain from feeding him.
    He seldom adds value to a thread but instead chooses to poop all over a thread with an attempt to create controversy and chaos.
    Letís get back on topic and ignore the lunacy.
    Hasnít ever the Odinís banhammer rang itís tune of wisdom and justice?

  14. #54
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,657

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by giulioskij View Post
    Hasnít ever the Odinís banhammer rang itís tune of wisdom and justice?
    Good question.
    I do not know the answer.

    And yeah...lmfao.

  15. #55
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    21,925

    Default Re: Boutique Guitar Showcase

    Quote Originally Posted by giulioskij View Post
    Hasn’t ever the Odin’s banhammer rang it’s tune of wisdom and justice?
    There is a process for this. If you see him doing this in another thread, report it, and we take care of it. That's enough of this in this thread, though. Back to the topic at hand.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •