Thread: TC MIMIQ stereo operation test

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

Default TC MIMIQ stereo operation test

I met some observations of the stereo operation of this pedal here and there on forums that doesn't really fit my experience with it. So here is some test I did for myself to find the best solution. Some who is thinking about buying that / using it for a similar setup may find this useful, too. You can hear where and how it starts to develop artifacts instead of I say - you say.

Last edited by NecroPolo; 05-21-2019 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos

Default Re: TC MIMIQ stereo operation test

I haven't have the chance to play a proper stereo rig with it, meaning two cabs on each side of the band/stage. So far I have used it for rehearsing in a dry/wet configuration with a pair of stacked 1x12s, boy I liked the stacked 1x12s already because using different speakers blending their sound in the room but when I added the TC Mimiq into the signal chain somehow my rig became a better sounding rig for me, it is hard to describe.

About the phasing you said, I could not notice much but in my case I use the "tigthness" knob pretty high so I guess that helps.

Edit: I use a single AMT SS-20 preamp into ISP Stealth Power Amp.
    Who took my guitar?

Did you used it in stereo or in mono "double / triple voice" overdub? That completely makes sense that way, too.

The phasing is not deadly, it is in the second take of my demo. I concluded that MIMIQ first, splitting the signal to AMP1 and AMP2 is my fav wiring. The application will be a single-guitarist trio. Guitar, MIMIQ, 2 different AMT pedals, stereo DI box. It will go directly to the PA.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPolo View Post
    Did you used it in stereo or in mono "double / triple voice" overdub? That completely makes sense that way, too.
    Out of the SS-20 preamp into a "spliter pedal" then all my effects thru left channel, dry with no effects on right channel, both these into TC Mimiq stereo inputs, then TC Mimiq stereo outputs into a stereo power amp, into a couple of 1x12 cabs stacked, different speakers on each cab. Mimiq made it sound even better, I guess the slight difference makes the dry sound to have more definition that what the wet/dry already does.
    Who took my guitar?

That makes sense. Also gave me an idea I'll be testing soon.

Guitar gear... Combinations never end.