Thread: Has anyone tried railhammer’s?

Ultimate Tone Member

Default Has anyone tried railhammer’s?

At first I thought these were just some weird gimmick, but they have a few big names and signature sets and come loaded in some nice reverend guitars.

Everyone says how clear and defined they are. Just great articulation and note separation. They seem like they are pretty good but has anyone given them a shot?

Default Re: Has anyone tried railhammer’s?

I had the Chisel set that came stock in a Reverend Reeves Gabriel and I’m pretty sure I tried the vintage set at a Sam Ash. I don’t like the Chisels. They have that sterile quality some ceramics do. The vintage set sounded pretty good. On the bright side of PAF if that’s your thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I had Chisel/Anvil stock in a Reverend Bayonet - too hot for me, but really great for gain work.

I swapped them out for Railhammer Nuevo 90s - basically a hum cancelling P90 tone, and those pickups were amazing.

Ultimately moved that guitar on as it wasn’t getting play compared to others, but I’d be more than happy to drop a set of Railhammers in another guitar.

Bottom line, Joe Naylor doesn’t do gimmicks, he’s the real deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ultimate Tone Slacker zionstrat's Avatar

You guys may get tired of my pitch, however, I'm deeply in love with hyper vintage in the bridge.

The name is very appropriate because it has big slugs on the treble side so the treble is clear and clean but not biting while the blade on the Bass side causes the bass response to be extremely tight.

This is literally the best pickup I've got for a neutral tone guitar that needs to be able to go from pristine to classic crunch.

I've also wired it parallel to self split and semi split and all of those sounds are all so excellent.

Keep in mind I place a lot more PGs Seth and 59s because they are great
    and everybody knows about them.

However the hyper vintage literally does more and the Reverend design really shows it off. If you can find an OG in your neighborhood and it has the hyper vintage and you looking for clear to crunch definitely check it out.

By the way I played blues rock modern country and the hyper vintage sounds great on all my rigs from tubes to modeling.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zionstrat; 05-20-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceT View Post
    Yup. I had Chisel/Anvil stock in a Reverend Bayonet - too hot for me, but really great for gain work.

I swapped them out for Railhammer Nuevo 90s - basically a hum cancelling P90 tone, and those pickups were amazing.

Ultimately moved that guitar on as it wasn’t getting play compared to others, but I’d be more than happy to drop a set of Railhammers in another guitar.

Bottom line, Joe Naylor doesn’t do gimmicks, he’s the real deal.
    Joe Naylor is indeed the real deal.