Thread: P90 Antiquity Dogear Dimensions

Default P90 Antiquity Dogear Dimensions

Anyone know the dogear cover dimensions? From the pictures, it looks like it is different from a traditional P90 cover and has an extended lip around the edges. My hope is that it's a few mm wider to cover a previous humbucker route and I'd rather avoid using additional plates or spacers.

Default Re: P90 Antiquity Dogear Dimensions

Well, the dimensions on the website are for the wrong pickup. Anyone have one to measure?
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

I can measure mine later this morning - I just put one in a LP Jr kit build from Precision Guitars. It definitely fit the standard rout in that kit - width-wise a humbucker could *snug* fit in that rout, but the hole was to long top to bottom.

As an aside, the Antiquity P90 is an AMAZING pickup, and in this Jr it does everything from TWANG and SNAP through to OOF (something special about back to such a back to basics drive train).

Dimensions to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VinceT View Post
    I can measure mine later this morning - I just put one in a LP Jr kit build from Precision Guitars. It definitely fit the standard rout in that kit - width-wise a humbucker could *snug* fit in that rout, but the hole was to long top to bottom.

As an aside, the Antiquity P90 is an AMAZING pickup, and in this Jr it does everything from TWANG and SNAP through to OOF (something special about back to such a back to basics drive train).

Dimensions to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Many thanks! It's a 1960 Junior that has been routed for a bridge humbucker. I'm hoping the outer cover dimensions will hide the gap that was made. The vintage spec cover I have now shows the hole, I'm hoping the SD Antiquity is just a bit wider. And, by "wide" I mean north/south parallel to the strings.

It does have a small lip around the edge, whether it will cover a humbucker rout or not depends on the size of the rout

Here's a pic of mine with mm rule alongside - there's a little foreshortening in the picture - to my eye, it looks like the dimensions of that outer lip is somewhere between 40mm and 41mm (I really need to invest in some measuring calipers!)

Name:  IMG_0733.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  76.8 KB

Yes, I barely go a couple days without using my digital calipers for one thing or another. My cover measures 41mm so it's interesting the Duncans measure the same and have that lip. Thanks again, you just saved me $100 from having to test it myself