Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and D Activator Neck or Super 2 in the neck?

Ultimate Tone Slacker Rex_Rocker's Avatar

Default DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and D Activator Neck or Super 2 in the neck?

I'm dead set on ordering an X2N to give it a try on my PRS SE Singlecut, but I'm wondering which neck pickup would pair well with it.

I like hot neck pickups like the SH-6N and the BW-N, and these seem to be the two hottest dedicated neck pickups on the DiMarzio site. Which of these do you think would pair better with the X2N?

I want a bright and cutting neck pickup, but I don't want my neck position to be brighter than the bridge position (I've had that "problem" sometimes with the super attack-y PAF Pro in the neck and the Tone Zone or other warmer-sounding bridge pickups). Would these two pickups not be overkill when it comes to brightness?

Thanks.

Default Re: DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and D Activator Neck or Super 2 in the neck?

I have an X2N paired with a D-Activator n in my V. I don't think that it's overly bright in the neck slot and the middle position sounds just fine to me.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Ultimate Tone Member

Default Re: DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and D Activator Neck or Super 2 in the neck?

I've always loved the Super 2 in the neck with an X2N.