Thread: Where to take some online courses?

Toneologist

Default Where to take some online courses?

Hello all,
    I've been playing guitar on and off for 39 years. I only had about 1.5 years of lessons total and have played by ear and self taught since. I did however put the guitar down for over 13 years and then picked it up back in 2006.
    I have always had many holes in my playing and want to really improve on my overall playing. Going to lessons didn't work out for me locally as I tried twice and didn't get very far. One teacher kept double booking during my lessons which sucked as I would drive over there and someone else had my spot. This happened a few times and I quit going there. The other was at a local Music shop where the teacher was really cool but I could out play him on many different things. Shame to as I really liked him.
    So now I'm looking to try something online. I noticed Musicisum which seems to be a good fit but looking for opinions on that course vs others.

Thanks guys,

Dan

Default Where to take some online courses?

I took myself back to school a couple of years back - Paul Gilbertís online lessons at Artistworks. Itís a FANTASTIC course, and changed my playing for the better straight away. I started at the intermediate level. More importantly, by working through it, I learned how to learn and practice better - habits that have helped me grow ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VinceT; 06-01-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: Where to take some online courses?

Beginner Blues-Rock Soloing
    Jeff McErlain
    Yea, I doubt if you are a beginner, but it goes back to some simple drills that are played to a clock. Patterns, bends, vibrato are all there at slower tempos but I bet a week or so you would be right back to where you were, plus its on sale.

True-life... tons to choose from - xial in to the stuff at your level

Rick Beato on YouTube covers a bunch

Berklee has an online presence, I'm pretty sure
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

I think you just havenít found the right teacher.
    I could you refer you to someone you could do Skype lessons with.
    Heís really good and knowledgeable. Iíve learned a ton from him.
    Let me know and I can PM his info to you.