Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overdrive/Distortion Amp vs Pedals

Ultimate Tone Slacker Nostalgic Distortion's Avatar

Default Re: Overdrive/Distortion Amp vs Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    +1

longcat and I saw them in the Fall of 2017 and it was probably the worst sounding pro-level show I've ever seen. The kind of sad thing is that longcat won tickets to see Iron & Wine the same night from a radio station here and we turned them down. In hindsight I wish I'd sold the QOTSA tickets and gone to the other show. I probably would've enjoyed it more.
    I definitely would have gone to the Iron & Wine show! It’s not very “Rocky” & you probably wouldn’t have seen many electric guitars there but dude can definitely write a song!!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    +1

longcat and I saw them in the Fall of 2017 and it was probably the worst sounding pro-level show I've ever seen. The kind of sad thing is that longcat won tickets to see Iron & Wine the same night from a radio station here and we turned them down. In hindsight I wish I'd sold the QOTSA tickets and gone to the other show. I probably would've enjoyed it more.
    At that same venue I've seen:

Judas Priest + Whitesnake
    Bob Dylan
    Megadeth
    ZZ Top

QOTSA was by far the worst sounding overall. Even their opener (Alain Johannes Trio) sounded killer. It was fun, but a mess.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A2P neck + Custom bridge
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Ultimate Tone Slacker Nostalgic Distortion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    At that same venue I've seen:

Judas Priest + Whitesnake
    Bob Dylan
    Megadeth
    ZZ Top

QOTSA was by far the worst sounding overall. Even their opener (Alain Johannes Trio) sounded killer. It was fun, but a mess.
    Ehh, itís even worse when the opening act for the opening act blows the headliner off the stage!!!

When I saw Iron & Whine it was in a very intimate setting & it was actually probably one of the best singer-songwriter shows Iíve have ever seen!!! Even bought a copy of Passing Afternoon to have signed afterwards! I think it was the first CD Iíd bought in 10 years & I havenít bought one since!!!

Great stuff to bring your girl to on a date night in any case! I couldnít even keep my girl off me until we made it home that night!!!! That was not safe driving at all!!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???