Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chorus pedal advice?

Default Re: Chorus pedal advice?

If I were to purchase a chorus pedal, it would most definitely be the CE-1, or a clone.

It's a Lerxst thing.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    I thought it sounded great, until I heard something that sounded good.
    Guitaramped.com

I think that is why a Chorus Factory, or a programmable pedal is a cool thing to have. A Dimension sounds a lot different than a CE-1, and both sound different than the typical 80s intro-clean guitar chorus.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!

I routinely use three or four modes on the Chorus Factory. It's every Chorus you might want - and more control than the originals.

I have a Mooer CE - 2 clone on my mini board for all-around-swirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Best chorus hands down ive had in 40 years and ive had most of them.

Currently going into my Hughes and Kettner:

I actually like the Normal chorus mode on this for subtle cool chorus. Of course, as with any Chorus, Delay is my fave control as you can thicken or ice up as much as you want.

Ultimate Tone Member

Rockman Stereo Chorus, and Dyno-My-Piano Tri-Chorus are the best I've ever owned. Not pedals, of course...

Toneologist

I think the Waza craft Boss analog chorus is the best sounding one made. There are so many good sounding Chorus pedals out there and most of them are excellent but I feel the Waza stands alone at the top.
    Trying to figure out which one you like best is a up hill journey that feels like you never get to the top. Unless you go waza.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

I've gone through a few over the years, never really liking the overall feel and tones of them, after I got my hands on the mxr Black label zakk Wylde chorus, I can't imagine living without it. It's really good for my stuff.

Owned a bunch of Chorus pedals and also rack units with chorus including a half rack Rockman over the years. They were tonal staples in the 80's and 90's. My all time favorite is the cheap Rocktron Deep Blue. Has a depth warmth and sweetness nothing else does and I own 2.
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-16-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Default H20V3

Have a H20 V2. Tried the H20V3 in the store when it first came out and noticed improvements - just sounds better. So it came home with me. And yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade with several improvements to the Chorus side - tone control, chorus to vibrato, and a detune function - which can be used to create an effective doubler. Can run each side independently, or use cables and switch order of effects. Have not gotten rid of the V2 yet, and use the them with different amps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Default Re: H20V3

Quote Originally Posted by Condemned soul View Post
    Have a H20 V2. Tried the H20V3 in the store when it first came out and noticed improvements - just sounds better. So it came home with me. And yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade with several improvements to the Chorus side - tone control, chorus to vibrato, and a detune function - which can be used to create an effective doubler. Can run each side independently, or use cables and switch order of effects. Have not gotten rid of the V2 yet, and use the them with different amps.
    Way more H2O than I want/need. But I get why people like/want the V3. Of course, for the truly simple there is the original V1...

The best advice I can give you is to just go out and test as many as you can find in your local stores. Then check out the demos on youtube. All of them sound different and have slightly different features. Some people may recommend some that you think sound horrible.

With that being said, I love anything Analogman makes. The best of the best as far as I'm concerned. Really great people to work this too. I've had them customize my tube screamer in the past. Real chill guys up in CT.
    My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Mojo's Minions

Advice? ok my advice is NO.

I kid I kid

Robert Smith used a Boss Super Chorus and if it's good enough for the Cure -it's good enough for anybody.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Best chorus hands down ive had in 40 years and ive had most of them.
    this thing is great, the bi chorus is the bomb!

Tone Member

I thought Hughes & Kettner only made amps! I bet that chorus is fantastic.

Tone Member

Thanks to all for the suggestions and info! I finally bought a chorus although I am not sure it is strictly considered a chorus - a TC Electronics Vibra Clone. Excellent rotary sounds!
    If only they had made the speed control foot switchable. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by rmcfee View Post
    Thanks to all for the suggestions and info! I finally bought a chorus although I am not sure it is strictly considered a chorus - a TC Electronics Vibra Clone. Excellent rotary sounds!
    If only they had made the speed control foot switchable. What were they thinking?
    They were thinking they could make you buy two of them and A/B switch between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcfee View Post
    Vibe pedal isn't at all like a chorus. A chorus is a cold effect that every once in a while will work in a song. Vibe pedals can be used waaaaaayyy more often.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Your mom is a cold effect who used a vibe wayyyyy more often.

Thick analog chorus in the right measure has been used on thousands, no - millions more recordings than vibe ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Your mom is a cold effect who used a vibe wayyyyy more often.

Thick analog chorus in the right measure has been used on thousands, no - millions more recordings than vibe ever will.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Vibe pedals can be used waaaaaaay more often while still sounding good.

Sick mom burn though.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.