Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red NGD x2

Ultimate Tone Slacker Red_Label's Avatar

Default Red NGD x2

2019 LP Classic and 2019 Aerodyne Classic Strat.

P.S. I actually got the LP a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to post a thread.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Default Re: Red NGD x2

Well, wowie! I didn't even know that was a current Strat model!
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Nice!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

That red LP Classic is awesome!

Congrats. Both are cool but that Strat I need to check out that model as never see that one before. Is that a US or?
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Fender 99 Mex modded Strat, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, wowie! I didn't even know that was a current Strat model!

They're new. The best thing is that they're made in Japan! The red flame on that one looks just like the black cherry PRS Custom 24 I had years ago.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Congrats. Both are cool but that Strat I need to check out that model as never see that one before. Is that a US or?

There are two colors... red and tobacco burst. Both made in Japan. The bodies are thin and curved, and remind me a little bit of those Ibanez S models.

Quote Originally Posted by devastone View Post
    That red LP Classic is awesome!
    It is for sure. New color for this year I believe.

I'll likely be putting pre-loaded pickguard with Fishman Fluence pups in the strat. The LP may be Fluence pups as well... or maybe some Duncan zebras. I'm just waiting a bit to make sure that either guitar will be sticking around and not returned in the 30-45 day return window. I don't see sending either one back. But once I start customizing, then my options for return are nil.

Ultimate Tone Slacker eclecticsynergy's Avatar

Nice!
    "Brains have been washed. Wheels have been greased. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory."

I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!

That is sweet @$$ mother &^$%T$ing pair of axes!!!!

I'm down with Fishman all around. Get a parchment guard for the Strat, and some speed knobs for the Paul.

Just a a great effing duo!!!! That right there will cover any damn thing you need to do and do it in pure style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post

I'm down with Fishman all around. Get a parchment guard for the Strat, and some speed knobs for the Paul.

Just a a great effing duo!!!! That right there will cover any damn thing you need to do and do it in pure style!
    I do like parchment guards. I'll look into that! Thanks!

That strat would be absolutely perfect with a maple fretboard. totally digging the look of that guitar.

That is one hot looking Les Paul. Red is my favorite color so a slight bias here.

I like the Strat too but that Les Paul....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    That is one hot looking Les Paul. Red is my favorite color so a slight bias here.

I like the Strat too but that Les Paul....wow.

I've had so many sweet red guitars. Strats, PRS, LPs, Explorer, Tom Anderson, etc. Wish I'd kept most of them. My collection would look friggin amazing. I only have three at the moment.

Professional Scapegoat BloodRose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post

Pretty much agree with the excitement and expletives here! Those are both awesome! Jolly has always had me pretty hot for LP classics,,, So this is awesome.. Plus, I good strat ( and this is amazing!!) and a LP combo have pretty much been the dynamic duo for years...

I dont have any experience with the Fishmans, but the fluence systems seem to be getting alot of buzz as being awesome!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Was that Strat an US-only limited edition?
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:Korg Pitchblack Poly, Digitech Drop, MXR CAE MC404 & EHX Wailer wahs, L6 HX FX & Stomp, Fender FVP-1, EHX Volume Pedal; Amp & Cab:H&K GM 40 Dlx, L6 DT25 cab;

Quote Originally Posted by BloodRose View Post
    Pretty much agree with the excitement and expletives here! Those are both awesome! Jolly has always had me pretty hot for LP classics,,, So this is awesome.. Plus, I good strat ( and this is amazing!!) and a LP combo have pretty much been the dynamic duo for years...

I dont have any experience with the Fishmans, but the fluence systems seem to be getting alot of buzz as being awesome!
    I put a set of Fluence Modern humbuckers in my ESP Eclipse last year and they were awesome. FAR better than the EMGs they replaced, and better than the Blackouts I've had in previous ESPs and Ltds. So I have no doubt that the Fluence singles will perform. Plus, Greg Koch plays em!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsys View Post
    Was that Strat an US-only limited edition?
    It's a current model made in Japan and sold here (unlike a lot of cool Japanese guitars that are only available in Japan these days). The Aerodyne Classic strat comes in the flame red, and a flame three color sunburst. I'd probably want that one too, but I'm in red mode these days.

Killer combination and two gorgeous individual guitars.

It raises a question for me that I've been curious about for a few years now.
    What exactly is different about the aerodyne models?
    Usually beautiful looking instruments, but is there something different about the construction or why are they differentiated by the aerodyne name?