Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StewMac to sell Duncans

Default Re: StewMac to sell Duncans

If anyone on here is a legit SD dealer, let me know. I might be able to change the gloss to reflect that.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

i think that would be a cool idea. have active members who are authorized dealers get a little extra gloss

Quote Originally Posted by ICTGoober View Post
    Does $10,000 of stock qualify?
    Why dont you ever list in the trading post? Are there restrictions? Do you sell online? I am sure many here would like to show support for a forum member, I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDERBUDWISER View Post
    Why dont you ever list in the trading post? Are there restrictions? Do you sell online? I am sure many here would like to show support for a forum member, I know I would.
    I would def be interested, I have a pickup sitting in my cart now at Sweetwater. Now if there is rules against it, then I understand.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550
    Guild D4 acoustic

Ultimate Tone Slacker ICTGoober's Avatar

Thanks for the kind thoughts, but I am moving most of the stuff locally and from my Treeverb account. I also do business with a lot of music stores in South America who lack quick access to parts, and since they buy in bulk - I make them a good deal. It all goes to a freight company in Miami, and they handle it the rest of the way. I'm busy as hell, and really don't need any new clients - but thanks for thinking of me.

Incidentally, no ones cares - but by far, I sell the Hot Rodded Humbucker sets by the bucketful. They really are the best selling pickup combo in the world. Probably half my Duncan stock is Hot Rod sets. I can't give away those Woody units for acoustics, and P-Rails move pretty well.

In my own stuff, I use Duncans, Bill Lawrence, Lindy Fralin, or Lace Sensors. They are all good units.
    Last edited by ICTGoober; 06-21-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Incidentally, no ones cares - but by far, I sell the Hot Rodded Humbucker sets by the bucketful. .
    I completely believe that, I know dozens of players that have and love that set. Which is odd considering how much hate it gets around here.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

we are super snobby about things around here

That’s because whether we put our beer down on the right or left side of our amp, we can hear the change in bass response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

My point is that competition is already fierce, and this just adds another hurdle - one that has more visibility than me.
    I am moving most of the stuff locally and from my Treeverb account. I also do business with a lot of music stores in South America who lack quick access to parts, and since they buy in bulk...really don't need any new clients
    Sounds like you and StewMac aren't even competing in the same retail space.

Plus, you're both subject to MAP online, so I really don't see why you are concerned.

I mean, the news is cool...I guess I can now buy my SD pickups at full price plus ridiculous shipping and added tax from StewMac...but I won't and most other won't, either.

As someone else said, if eBay and Amazon didn't destroy you and the fact that SD sells their pickups directly didn't destroy you, then you don't have much to worry about.