Thread: SH1 Query . No Seymour Duncan stamp on base plate .

Default SH1 Query . No Seymour Duncan stamp on base plate .

Hi All . I've lurked some years but never posted . Well you don't I guess till you have a question or can make some input . I have for several years had a set of WLH in my 2002 R8 and been very happy .

I would think all is in order but I'm curious about these pickups being in the guitar I recently bought . Again no question about the guitar though we did question if it was a 2011 Don Felder R8 Stinger or indeed a late Burst Brothers R8 version . Gibson confirmed Felder . That said they couldn't confirm the pickups , though agreed could be SD. They appear to be original factory fit as the electronics and wiring seem totally unmolested , unless someone did a very clean replacement . The Felder is reported to have had BB1 and BB2 at factory albeit reverse to normal . Going off the printed numbers I assume my pickups are 59 bridge and neck Vintage Blues set but there is no Seymour Duncan stamp . If all is correct perhaps that would be the way of OEM or custom I'm told . Any thoughts ? Thanks .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD STINGER PUP.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	99232

Name:	IMG_5362.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	99233

Name:	IMG_5361_LI.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	99234
    Last edited by Rockhard; 06-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: SH1 Query . No Seymour Duncan stamp on base plate .

Sticker looks like Duncan sticker. Only Duncan could say if they supplied any 59 sets to Gibson for the Felder LPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Thanks . I'll send email .

Default SH1 Query . No Seymour Duncan stamp on base plate .

Conventional wisdom is to call to get an answer. I’ve had mixed results getting a response via email. But worth trying both of the first option doesn’t work.

FWIW I have some custom shop pickups with plain baseplates but they were always signed by MJ or Seymour. So they do make things with plain baseplates, but I don’t know what to make of these ‘factory installed’ in a Gibson.
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Thanks . Yes I'll call if nothing comes back from email . Guitar sounds great but would be good to know what these are . It could be they are after market but tech says they look factory fit and aftermarket items would expect to stamped base plates . I've not read anywhere that Seymour Duncans were specified for the Felder or Burst Brothers R9s or R8 Stingers . Curious .

My money is on an OEM model. But I'd love to hear what SD says.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Though I could think of so many other models that would be way better in a Felder LP.

Had it two weeks and just set up so I'm enjoying it as is a while . That said I am likely to be tempted to change pickups sometime . It does have a fat creamy tone though and different to my other 3 LPs . Interestingly mate and tech says it may be best sounding of them all . I'd welcome suggestions .