Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Humbucker identification not on identification lists

Default Humbucker identification not on identification lists

I just searched the page links to pups made before 2002 and after 2002. I could not find the sticker on the bottom of either list. I am pretty sure it's a Pearly Gates humbucker, but want to be sure.

The sticker on the bottom is PGP (I so see some references in my google search to Pearly Gates Plus, so I am assuming that's the one).

I had just ordered some humbucker mounting screws that were too large and need to know exactly what freaking size screw this specific pickup takes if it's not a standard size.

Thanks y'all
    Jon

Default Re: Humbucker identification not on identification lists

Quote Originally Posted by vocalnoise View Post
    I just searched the page links to pups made before 2002 and after 2002. I could not find the sticker on the bottom of either list. I am pretty sure it's a Pearly Gates humbucker, but want to be sure.

The sticker on the bottom is PGP (I so see some references in my google search to Pearly Gates Plus, so I am assuming that's the one).

I had just ordered some humbucker mounting screws that were too large and need to know exactly what freaking size screw this specific pickup takes if it's not a standard size.

Thanks y'all
    Jon
    That's a Pearly Gates Plus; essentially an over-wound Pearly Gates bridge with an A5 magnet instead of A2. They were OEM'd for the Fender Lonestar and Big Apple Strats starting in the late 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Yep, Pearly Gates "Plus"

Thanks y'all. It's a '97 American made Lone Star Strat, so that lines up perfectly.

J