Thread: HSS Phase issue

Default HSS Phase issue

Hi y'all. I have an HSS strat, SD P-rail humbucker, and Fender Tx Specials for singles (neck/mid).

Humbucker is out of phase and I know I need to swap some wires . . . while I know swapping the humbucker wires would be usual thing, I cannot remember which ones (but could poke around here and find it) . . . BUT I've modded the heck out of this strat and to move the P-rails wires would mean doing some serious detangling . . . SO, can I simply swap the white and black wires of the single coils (ie ground the whites, put blacks to super switch)?

Thanks y'all
    Jon

Default Re: HSS Phase issue

Quote Originally Posted by vocalnoise View Post
    Hi y'all. I have an HSS strat, SD P-rail humbucker, and Fender Tx Specials for singles (neck/mid).

Humbucker is out of phase and I know I need to swap some wires . . . while I know swapping the humbucker wires would be usual thing, I cannot remember which ones (but could poke around here and find it) . . . BUT I've modded the heck out of this strat and to move the P-rails wires would mean doing some serious detangling . . . SO, can I simply swap the white and black wires of the single coils (ie ground the whites, put blacks to super switch)?

Thanks y'all
    Jon
    You can just swap the SC wires, and it's what I'd recommend doing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Default Re: HSS Phase issue

Thanks for the quick reply Dystrust. Much appreciated.

Jon