Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Singles

Default New Singles

Here is one from my band out on YouTube as well as every streaming service ever. Fun, happy tune.

Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Default Re: New Singles

Released Dec 2018? Was it in another form before?

I hear at least three different guitars: warm jazzy electric, fuzzy lead, classical. What were the guitars and signal paths going on? All you playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

I did all the guitars, bass, and keys. There is the jazzy electric was the Godin Montreal Premier with a 59 and Jazz, surfy sounds, and swoopy distorted parts, were my Music Man, with an Alnico II Pro and Custom Custom. I used a Yamaha nylon string, and a Variax for the acoustic parts. Bass was a Squier Jazz. Mellotrons and pianos were just VSTs.

Love the slinky guitar lines on the “surf” guitar. Pulled the ear into unexpected places just right.

I liked the variety of sounds (that I wouldn't have expected in the same song) working together really well. That made it original and very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Also, about 3/4 of the way through there’s the big gap of silence. The anticipation was great. I knew “something” was about to happen!

Really dig the vibrato accents for rhythm...and the licks trading off with the vocals...very refreshing work...thanks...

Darkness on the edge of Tone TwilightOdyssey's Avatar

Oh, that was very nice and breezy! Reminds me of the type of stuff you would hear coming out of Red House Records.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.
    FACEBOOK page for As Follows.

I liked all the guitar work, but the surfy sounding stuff was a standout. Singer's no slouch either.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Thanks guys! For something a little different, here is our other single out this month. It uses the same guitars, except it adds a 6 string Adamas and a 12 String from a Variax Acoustic.

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

Not the kind of stuff I would normally be into but they're both pretty cool & have some sweet guitar work...especially liked the trade-off between those trem bends & the Acoustic/classical type stuff in the first track..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp

The second song is a very solid pop tune, but it doesn't sound as fun to play on guitar as the first. :P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Actually, it has some fun inversion of the chords, and tricky effects switching live.

Darkness on the edge of Tone TwilightOdyssey's Avatar

Really liked the second song, too!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.
    FACEBOOK page for As Follows.

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

Not my kind of stuff but good stuff. Nice playing, overall orchestration and the vocalist gal has style. What I really dig is the heartbeat groove at the end. Subtle dark touch to complete the story told.

I don't know if you know me already by forum comments that much but anything softer than Neurosis makes me cringe. The second song is a pop song but it did not make me angry. I'd definitely would not feel the urge to break the radio if it was aired there. Or, if I hadn't smashed the poor thing decades ago.

Er... You know. Compliments. I was never good at it. I sincerely think these are good tracks and listening them was not time wasted.
    Last edited by NecroPolo; 06-25-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Due to her voice, and the fact that any covers we do (not that many) are from the '30s to the '60s, we always get lumped in blues or jazz. I am closer to a jazz player, although she is closer to a blues singer.

First time hearing any of your stuff, really nice clean arrangements very tasteful playing well recorded and mixed with good tones overall. Some nice stuff well done.
    Been a while since I have done anything in the Studio miss it. This was the last project I was involved in.
    https://app.box.com/shared/3chz5vojtx
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Upon a few more listens, I think that the second song is better than the first. :P

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    Due to her voice, and the fact that any covers we do (not that many) are from the '30s to the '60s, we always get lumped in blues or jazz. I am closer to a jazz player, although she is closer to a blues singer.
    Interesting detail. Not knowing the original songs, I'd completely put your tracks into a contemporary era. A lot of modern touch going on there, pulling towards pop music and I don't mean it a bad way. In the sense that makes you feel absolutely okay thorugh the radio even if you are not into the style normally.

Tone Member

Very impressive, dig it