Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recreating The Majesty 7 (2019) By John Petrucci

Default Re: Recreating The Majesty 7 (2019) By John Petrucci

You're welcome! Don't be a stranger. Get that Katana and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by masta' c View Post
    I get the desire to build yourself something cool and custom, but you are literally wasting your money worrying about pickups at this point.

You need a better amp first, be it digital or otherwise. A custom guitar is still going to be incredibly restricted through that horrible Academy amp!

For the price of the Fishman pickups alone, you can get a Boss Katana 50 new or maybe even a Katana 100 used.

Either one would up your sound game and tonal options (including effects) 1000X from where you are now. Heavy metal is a breeze with all of the options available on that amp!

Seriously...AMP FIRST, then we can discuss pickups, pedals and custom guitars!
    Going back on that amp should I get the boss katana 100, katana 100/212, or the katana artist? I can afford any of them. I'm pleased I'm able to do everything I desire on the katana amps with the sound effects and wattage.

I don't desire to buy another amp after I buy a katana... if there's an amp thats better than a katana with all the sound effects and different wattage choices I'd like to buy that instead.

I had a Katana 100 (1x12) and moved up to the Artist with the GAFC foot controller. I have zero complaints. While the KTN100 sounded incredible and 100% better than the KTN50, the Artist is straight up perfect, it's the ultimate refinement of the 100 (plus the controls are back on the front, which I came to prefer).

You'll find amps that do similar things to the Katana, but not as well and nothing offers better features for the price. They're reliable and very well supported, as well.
    Last edited by masta' c; 08-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.

So in the end the artist is the best?

Mojo's Minions

You say you don't like tube amps but you do want a JVM410? How does that work? (also: why? Ever tried that amp? It's like a bee in a tin can; I can name 5 amps that are much more worth your cash than the JVM; a regular JCM800, the 6505 by Peavey, the 5150 III by Fender, a Revv... not the JVM. Where I live, those amps go on the second hand market for 700euro's, with difficulty.

About the blackout vs fluence. The fluence pickups offer so much more versatility, purer tones and a MUCH better presence in a bandmix than the blackout. There's a reason the Fluence pickups are used to much by professional guitarists.

I agree, by the way, with the adagium: get a good amp before an expensive, good, guitar. I build my own guitars and they're really not too shabby, but when I play them over a Roland Cube the tone is so much worse than over the Revv Generator 120. It's insane. Get an amp as good and expensive as you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by orpheo View Post
    You say you don't like tube amps but you do want a JVM410? How does that work? (also: why? Ever tried that amp? It's like a bee in a tin can; I can name 5 amps that are much more worth your cash than the JVM; a regular JCM800, the 6505 by Peavey, the 5150 III by Fender, a Revv... not the JVM. Where I live, those amps go on the second hand market for 700euro's, with difficulty.

About the blackout vs fluence. The fluence pickups offer so much more versatility, purer tones and a MUCH better presence in a bandmix than the blackout. There's a reason the Fluence pickups are used to much by professional guitarists.

I agree, by the way, with the adagium: get a good amp before an expensive, good, guitar. I build my own guitars and they're really not too shabby, but when I play them over a Roland Cube the tone is so much worse than over the Revv Generator 120. It's insane. Get an amp as good and expensive as you can go.
    I chose the JVM410H because thats what I've seen some people play especially MEGADETH. Fluence modern 7 string I'm going for after I build my own guitar with everything I desire. I'm buying the Katana Artist and probably a used Marshall 1960A Cabinet in a couple weeks.

Alright I have the Boss Katana Artist and its astounding even without the computer set up.

Mojo's Minions

guys who use the JVM410 have so, so many extra gear to make it sound amazing, it's not funny. IRL it sounds fizzy, a bit honky and sharp in the top end. It's an amp I'm happy to have never ever owned.

Now that i possess the Artist, what's a good music software to use for recording and editing on Windows 10?