Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

  1. #21
    Toneologist Condemned soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under the "L" station
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    https://seafoampedals.com/collection...dent-overdrive
    Three band eq with OD on each band.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  2. #22
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    W O W . . . thanks for the link TMD
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  3. #23
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,933

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
    The mids from that Triskelion remind me of Zappa lead tone.
    Do you have to pay for it in quatloos?
    Bingo! It is based on the Systech Harmonic Energizer Frank used for years. Dweizel uses a couple of them on the road. You can dial in that mid bump where ever you want it.

  4. #24
    tonewood instigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,784

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Condemned soul View Post
    https://seafoampedals.com/collection...dent-overdrive
    Three band eq with OD on each band.
    I've played around with one of those before, they're pretty cool. You can do quite a lot with them. If you set the mid range switch to the right and the treble to the left, you can do a neat dual resonant peak type sound. They can be a pain to dial in sometimes though.
    Once I had myself a million, now I've only got a dime.
    Difference don't seem quite as bad today.
    With a nickel or a million I was searchin' all the time
    For something that I never lost or left behind.

  5. #25
    Mojo's Minions dave74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Illi-ana line road, USA
    Posts
    3,352

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    I would like one of the JHS haunting mids boost/cuts pedals.,,,,,,,,,,despite all the "controversy ".

  6. #26
    LoveMachineologist jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    albany, ny
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29,355

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    what controversy?

  7. #27
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Dave Locher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Joplin, MO, smack dab in the middle of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,576

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Oh jeez, it's a whole "thing" over on the Gear Page. Almost as bad as the Gibson hate, and just about as rational.

  8. #28
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,653

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Haha! I’m a member over there but seldom visit. The ridiculousness is strong there.

  9. #29
    Ultimate Tone Member Francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    (I cannot see your pic)

    700 Hz boost = TS

    The best mid boost could be an graphic Eq.
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

  10. #30
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Try out one of these puppies

    Very interesting - thanks for the link.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  11. #31
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave74 View Post
    I would like one of the JHS haunting mids boost/cuts pedals.,,,,,,,,,,despite all the "controversy ".
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    what controversy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Locher View Post
    Oh jeez, it's a whole "thing" over on the Gear Page. Almost as bad as the Gibson hate, and just about as rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Haha! I’m a member over there but seldom visit. The ridiculousness is strong there.
    Hahahaha, i was about to ask the same thing about this pedal.
    Deff looking into this one too.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  12. #32
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    (I cannot see your pic)

    700 Hz boost = TS

    The best mid boost could be an graphic Eq.
    Thanks.
    I always wondered what section of the 'mid range' is boosted by a typical TS-style drive.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  13. #33
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chistopher View Post
    Take a look at the Seafoam Pedals Lighthouse. It makes a good midboost, but it has other functionality as well. It can function as a clean, dirty, or "nasty" boost and also has the capability of switching between a true boost, a mid boost, and a treble boost. It comes in a mini, pedal board friendly format too.
    hahahaha, i will buy one od these just based on the colour
    Thanks Christopher.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  14. #34
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Fail Fail Fail FAIL and more FAIL!!!!!

    My god - some days you guys just can't read!!!!!!

    What you need SirJdF, is a Parametric EQ

    I think about 80's pedals from Yamaha here. Maybe Korg, or Arion also. Boss used to(?) make something called the PQ3(?) I think?

    That will let you dial in exactly the frequency, the width, and amount of boost perfectly! No - this is not a "good" EQ. This is nothing like a GE6 or an MXR 10 band. Wayyyyy cooler than that, and likely what that Demeter does, just with a preset frequency and width.

    Or, if you just want a mid boost pedal, and old OD (TS9, Bad Monkey, 805, SD1, etc) will get you there, plus gain and 1-3 bands of "good EQ" according to Ibanez, Boss or whoever.
    Thanks . . . i will look into those as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    You want a Stone Deaf PDF-2.

    https://www.stonedeaffx.com/product-page/pdf-2

    Parametric EQ, clean or dirty mode, based on Josh Homme's secret weapon from the 'Rated R' era. I have two.
    I know about them . . . but never pulled the trigger one one yet - no idea really why.
    Think it is about time i get one

    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeC27 View Post
    This configuration won't boost the mids per se. Rather just attenuate the low and high end to create a hump at the center frequency of the Baxandall tone.
    Understood - thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris effect View Post
    For tightening up a lower tuned metal tone, the fortin grind sounds killer.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Never took any notice of this one.
    I shall look into them ASAP.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  15. #35
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,559

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Just knowing 700k won't necessarily get you the TS mid bump.

    You need to know the width of that frequency bump too. Oh wait - that what a Parametric EQ does!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  16. #36
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Fail Fail Fail FAIL and more FAIL!!!!!

    My god - some days you guys just can't read!!!!!!

    What you need SirJdF, is a Parametric EQ

    I think about 80's pedals from Yamaha here. Maybe Korg, or Arion also. Boss used to(?) make something called the PQ3(?) I think?

    That will let you dial in exactly the frequency, the width, and amount of boost perfectly! No - this is not a "good" EQ. This is nothing like a GE6 or an MXR 10 band. Wayyyyy cooler than that, and likely what that Demeter does, just with a preset frequency and width.

    Or, if you just want a mid boost pedal, and old OD (TS9, Bad Monkey, 805, SD1, etc) will get you there, plus gain and 1-3 bands of "good EQ" according to Ibanez, Boss or whoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    You want a Stone Deaf PDF-2.

    https://www.stonedeaffx.com/product-page/pdf-2

    Parametric EQ, clean or dirty mode, based on Josh Homme's secret weapon from the 'Rated R' era. I have two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeC27 View Post
    This configuration won't boost the mids per se. Rather just attenuate the low and high end to create a hump at the center frequency of the Baxandall tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris effect View Post
    For tightening up a lower tuned metal tone, the fortin grind sounds killer.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Just knowing 700k won't necessarily get you the TS mid bump.

    You need to know the width of that frequency bump too. Oh wait - that what a Parametric EQ does!!!!
    Understood . . . thanks Aceman

    Any Parametric EQ's that you can suggest / like ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  17. #37
    Mojo's Minions SirJackdeFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toneville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Any Tube Screamer style pedal.

    So literally ANY Overdrive that is painted green in the store is going to be a mid boost pedal.

    NegativeEase . . . will this apply to the (green) MXR Shin-Juku Drive as well then ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100


    "...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

  18. #38
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,454

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
    NegativeEase . . . will this apply to the (green) MXR Shin-Juku Drive as well then ?
    Interesting that they would pick Tube Screamer green for that pedal -as that pedal is a tribute to an amp. So without hearing it, I would say no.

    But most anything OD with a limey to forest Green color is usually telling you that it's a Tube Screamer clone/tribute etc -which is a mid range boost/clipping.

    Weird you found the one thing that likely isn't
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  19. #39
    tonewood instigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,784

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Yeah, I've been looking at this one particular TS clone myself:

    Name:  Screenshot_20190719-160355_Reverb.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  80.4 KB
    Once I had myself a million, now I've only got a dime.
    Difference don't seem quite as bad today.
    With a nickel or a million I was searchin' all the time
    For something that I never lost or left behind.

  20. #40
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,454

    Default Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chistopher View Post
    Yeah, I've been looking at this one particular TS clone myself:

    Name:  Screenshot_20190719-160355_Reverb.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  80.4 KB
    you funny, you know what I mean.

    and I didn't say poopy green did I?
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •