Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MXR pedals

Default Re: MXR pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Hsb View Post
    The description clearly says switch inside to make it the Wylde pedal. Only issue with the actual pedal is the led light has fallen inside the housing.

Im leaning toward a Wampler Soveriegn, Catapulp, Triple Wreck or Dracarys. All the MXR distortion pedals seems to lack any low end and are kinda nasally.

Even though Im a fan of the mentioned distortion pedals, Im open to suggestions. Really probably dont need one but its always fun to play with.
    I spent a large part of the last two months searching for a new distortion pedal. Because I want to have the chance to get the distorted sound from my pedalboard whichever is the amp I am plugged in. in the rehearsal room we use to play almost each monday there is a JCM 800, while it easy to find a good amp (very often a combo) in the little clubs we occasionally play. So there is no need to carry a heavy amp with me every time we have a gig. My pedalboard is plug and play . That' s the reason why I am still searching for a good distortion pedal. In truth I was really impressed by the Suhr Riot and by DOD Boneshaker I tried at the local guitar shop. While I have had no chance to try the OKKO dominator. All of them are boutique pedals and it's hard to find a good second hand pedal at a reasonable price. I have a super badass list at the moment, and, I find it very useful. the three eq knobs allows you to refine the sound. Till I buy a new one

Quote Originally Posted by EmiAba View Post
    I think the ZW-44 deserves a chance, if it costs only 30 bucks. Moreover with the switch inside the pedal, you actually have two different stomp boxes. Be sure it's the first incarnation of the OD, because, if I am not wrong the berserker OD (the new version) does not have the switch. Have you already choose the distortion pedal?
    So Sam Ash is only one exit up the road from the office, so now the MXT Classic OD with the ZW switch inside is sitting on my desk. Supposedly the light fell down into the pedal, but I opened it up and it appears to be the original light but its on short legs. To get to the ZW switch, you also have to completely disassemble the pedal as the switch sits on top of the board under the top part of the housing. Guess I got some playing to do tonite.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550
    Guild D4 acoustic

BadHairDayologist Empty Pockets's Avatar
    repeated exposure to high sound levels (more than 80 decibels)

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Kid View Post
    They're great as a stand-alone fuzz with the octave off/low. Love the swirly/stepped gate on decay.
    I use mine to play insane broken nintendo bass solos above the 12th fret on my Les Pauls
    green globe burned black by sunn

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    I use mine to play insane broken nintendo bass solos above the 12th fret on my Les Pauls
    A few things about the pedal I’ve noticed - it tracks a lot better with some sort of boost in front of it (if that’s what you want; and sometime it is not what I want.) Also a pretty dark pedal, so amp should be chosen and set revolving around it. I’ve started using it Melvins-style, running an overdrive or distortion into it with the octave turned off. The gate also allows you to use single coils with minimal noise (which is - I think - how my below sig. quote was possible.)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

BadHairDayologist Empty Pockets's Avatar
    repeated exposure to high sound levels (more than 80 decibels)

Yeah it stacks great with other pedals. I usually run it with a lot of octave going into my other fuzzes for more volume and sustain.

I never knew that about 'Stoner Witch' and that's embarrassing since it's my favorite album by my favorite band. I'm gona plug my Jazzmaster in and mess with that tonight.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Carbon Copy for sure and Phase 90. Sugar Drive is a very nice Klon clone and I enjoyed the Variac Fuzz

Name:  IMG_20190727_032509.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  29.4 KB

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by smitty302 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190727_032509.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  29.4 KB
    Love that pedal.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Love that pedal.
    I do to it's one of my favorites. I can play anything from blues to 80s rock/metal. But for some reason there's never much love for it in forums.