Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tolex repair

Professional Scapegoat BloodRose's Avatar

Default Tolex repair

Hey. The tolex on my splawn cab is peeling up at some of the seems. What is a good adhesive to fix that? Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Default Re: Tolex repair

3M Spray Adhesive... I BELIEVE (don't quote me here) I used the Super 77. However that's for a fresh install, might not want to go spray for a repair unless you mask off quite a bit.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

thanks! Yeah, Id be worried about a spray as its only peeling at a joint/seem in the tolex. So I need to be able to control the application
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Mojo's Minions

Hey Blood Rose, there's some old threads that have some almost step by step Tolex repairs by some of the full time luthiers on here if you do a search, It was helpful for me repairing my 73 SVT cabinet.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Thanks! Will search for it. Thought I did a search (usually do) before posting a thread. Ill try again.

Jol Dantzig