Thread: NAD: Matchless Clubman

Default NAD: Matchless Clubman

10 years ago I was living in Tyler, TX working for a young adult ministry, making music, and traveling the country leading worship. One day I stepped into a guitar center in dallas and found an amp that I really connected with. A few talks back and forth, I traded my Orange rockerverb 50 for a Matchless Clubman.

I toured with this amp, recorded albums with this amp, moved across the country a few times with this amp.

7 years ago, I was engaged to be married (to the woman I’m currently married to ) and feeling a sense of change was due. I traded my matchless clubman for an amp that i has not heard of, but was impressed with. I was subject to the notion that a smaller quieter amp was the best direction, and had gotten tired of amp maintenance, etc.....

I have regretted that decision for 7 years, and multiple times have reached out to the guy i traded with and others about trying to find it and get it back. I’ve contacted matchless about getting a scratch and dent one, scoured the interwebz, etc... to no avail.

On October 1st, I was mindlessly scrolling through geartalk and saw it. Still in the same black Brady case (made for a boogie Mark V, which is why it never really fit ) as when I originally put the amp in.

I quickly commented and reached out to all appropriate parties about it. The owner Ben was looking to downsize and go Helix, so through a little Geartalk Classifieds magic (and some extreme kindness on behalf of Ben and another friend),
    we cut a deal.

7 years ago, I made a decision that I would ultimately end up regretting for years, and now...

she is home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: NAD: Matchless Clubman

Nice!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Mojo's Minions Lake Placid Blues's Avatar

Glad you got your amp back.

That's a heart-warming story - glad you got it back!

We all have those gear sales we regret - nice when it turns out like this

Great story, it's amazing that you were able to locate it. I guess it was meant to be.

Awesome!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Cool story man congrats.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.