Thread: NGD - Ibanez RG zebra

Ultimate Tone Slacker NecroPolo's Avatar

Default NGD - Ibanez RG zebra

Say hello to my new friend.

It is pretty unprobable to bang up a Warmoth in 2002 then notice a 2019 ibanez model that has more or less similar specs and looks. Virtually Ibanez made me a sig model without knowing it. Now my long torturing RG GAS is concluded. I always had an eye for them, and recommended them hundreds of times for students / fellow musicians, and recorded great rock/metal tones with them for years for other bands. Now it's my turn.

The relationship is very short to get to an objective conclusion but it seems to be a really nice rock solid axe, especially for the $$$. I'd prefer Duncans (JB-in-RG for prez) but to be completely honest (and I've been a SD-only guy since 1994 or so) this ToneZone B - Air Norton N configuration works exrtemely well in an RG. I thought I'll slap a JB into it next week but I kinda really like the ToneZone in this guitar...

Blasphemy
    Last edited by NecroPolo; 10-15-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker ICTGoober's Avatar

Default Re: NGD - Ibanez RG zebra

I played one like that awhile back. Pretty cool axe, especially after I installed a Kahler whammy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTGoober View Post
    I played one like that awhile back. Pretty cool axe, especially after I installed a Kahler whammy on it.
    Do you mean, with all the trem routing and stuff? It requires some awesome woodwork skills for sure.

So far this axe is pretty impressive. I'll do a doulbe live test this weekend with tiny adjustments here and there.

Ultimate Tone Slacker ICTGoober's Avatar

Do you mean, with all the trem routing and stuff? It requires some awesome woodwork skills for sure.
    Yes, routed and installed. I don't feel awesome, but it's not a project for the inexperienced. Turned out very well, and the client loved it. Looked great, too - he chose black chrome to match the stock hardware. Come to think of it, I took a picture.

Name:  SAM_3460.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  130.9 KB

Now THAT is impressive, mate!

It is definitely not a project for someone not skilled with precision woodwork. Including me