View Poll Results: How many guitars do you own?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

1 1.28%
  • 2-3

8 10.26%
  • 5-10

30 38.46%
  • 10-20

24 30.77%
  • 20 or more

15 19.23%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many guitars do you own?

Default How many guitars do you own?

The reason I ask, is I own 8, and I feel like I own too many to bond or give attention to one or a few. I feel a bit compelled to sell a few, even though I don't want to. I guess I like the variety. I'm curious about how many guitars you guys own and how you feel about the "stable".

I'm also like this with bikes, as mountain biking is my other passion. Currently I own 3 bikes. All for different purposes.

Default Re: How many guitars do you own?

I have 4 wat gives. It's plenty. More would just be for fun with more pickups and not really for playing.
    That when I tell you that I love you
    You're gonna say you love me too

I've got quite a few.

3 electrics, 1 acoustic, 1 bass guitar, 1 tenor guitar, and 1 mandolin.

Truth be told, I use two of my electrics and my acoustic 95% of the time, and could happily live without the rest.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Ultimate Tone Slacker ICTGoober's Avatar

Are we counting the ones in playable condition, or the ones awaiting repairs/mods to be complete?

Too many and not enough.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

too many but less than at other times... 25+ electrics, six acoustics, one banjo, one electric bass, a mandolin somewhere... havent seen that in a while

I've been down this path before. What I have I cannot part with. All of them have a special meaning, though they are just guitars.

Martin D-28 Acoustic - bought with my share of Uncle's estate after he passed.
    Kramer Baretta w/ Kine NYC graphic - has Twin Towers in the graphic, 'nuff said.
    Dean Chicago Standard Series ML - gift from my wife, plays and sounds fantastic.
    Old Warmoth/Chandler Frankenstrat (Franky) - my first really solid and well built electric. 26 years old this November.
    New Warmoth Frankenstrat - a recent built that mirrors the old one in wood specs and most of hardware. different electronics.
    PGK SG Junior - another build that I did in 2011. one of my favorite guitars ever.
    Les Paul Traditional Pro - not really mine yet, but will be. been "borrowing" it for quite a while now.
    Sterling SUB Ray4 Bass - beat out all the others on the wall between 3 different shops for what I was looking for.

I could probably add in my daughter's Ibanez Talman TMB-100 bass that she doesn't have time to play right now (Marching Band season) and her Silvertone Strat electric (not bad with upgraded tuners and nut for some stability).

Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    Too many and not enough.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    This.

I have 7. I sold two recently and plan to sell two others.

I am trying to have fewer, higher quality ones I actually play.

4 guitars and 1 bass, but I only play 2 guitars and the bass regularly. The other 2 just sit in cases and are for sale.

The reason I go for 2 guitars is to keep one with higher output pickups in D standard and another with PAFs in E standard. That covers everything for me.

I'll drop the bass to D standard and I'm uncivilized enough as a bass player to not care about the setup.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

At the moment,...

2 acoustics with 1 more on the way
    5 electrics with 3 for sale - keeping an LP and Tele, all I ever really needed

But I've probably cycled through at least 20 others

7 electric, 1 acoustic.

Tone Member

44 which includes 6 bass guitars and a cigar box guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar

I have ten guitars and seven basses. I built three of the guitars, and five of the basses.

I used to have more, but I sold them.

Eleven electrics, one eletroacoustic, and one electric bass.

Body count has been updated yearly, though.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (Pegasus/HRn), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:Korg Pitchblack Poly, Digitech Drop, MXR CAE MC404 & EHX Wailer wahs, L6 HX FX & Stomp, Fender FVP-1, EHX Volume Pedal; Amp & Cab:H&K GM 40 Dlx, L6 DT25 cab;

Eleven Electric Guitars and one 3/4 nylon string classical guitars.

Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Mojo's Minions

Waaaaay too many.

I got into the building bug being left handed. I've never played a Jaguar....ok I'll build one to see what they're like. How about an electric 12 string.....yep, I'll do one as well....etc, etc.

The recent projects: Given Tool's recent release I'm doing a late 70's silverburst custom, along with a sort of Jazzmaster shaped HH guitar with a vintage strat trem.

One more than I can keep on my guitar rack, about 4 or so more than I get to play.
    Still, I like all of them, they all mean something to me and thankfully I have been blessed not to need the space or the funds, and so here they stay, 'till the next time...

At one point I did try to scale down, only to get my newest no.1-ish in the even trade (did pay a bunch of money to get her up to snuff however...).
    Haven't bothered since...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Tone Member

Six, three of which get played regularly.

An Ibanez GIO that was my first guitar, and I only still have it because getting it in sellable shape wouldn't be worth the money I'd get from selling it. I'm hoping one of my younger relatives takes up guitar so I can just give it to one of them.

An electric 12-string that my dad built that I never play, but I'd never sell, because who the hell would sell a guitar that their dad built?

A Jackson KE-3 that's something of a work-in-progress. It was my main guitar for years, right now I've got several upgrades I plan on hitting it with. It is my only guitar with a trem...

A Kiesel Ultra V. I keep it in B standard tuning, and it's my #1 player.

A PRS SE 277. Also kept in B generally, when I do need to tune below B, it's my go to. I mainly like it to have another texture to complement the Ultra V on recordings, the long scale-length gives it a different attack.

A BC Rich USA Custom Shop Beast. This is my standard tuning guitar.

Selling our house coincided with me flipping almost my entire collection. I did a bunch of two and three for one to trade up, and wound up whittling them down. I was in the getting-rid-of-stuff mindset, and figured with the impending move, I wouldn’t have much time for projects.

Two Korean PRSs, an S2 Standard, an Ibanez 7 string, plus the vintage Gibbies are my only electrics now. Also have a cheap acoustic, a nice mandolin, and an Ibanez Mikro bass. Also gained were another amplifier and a stack of pedals.

The three PRSs are the only ones that get played.

Tone Member

I have 1 acoustic, 3 WIP electrics, 3 working electrics, and 1 bass guitar.

The acoustic and 2 of the electrics get played regularly. The other electric is a backup and the bass is for recording since I hate simulated instruments.
    Last edited by GreatOz; 10-17-2019 at 07:58 PM.