Thread: Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

Default Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

Sold off my beloved BCRich Jr V Deluxe last week.
    Basically wasn't playing it very often, I don't think I like the 25.5 scale length .
    Wonderful guitar actually, so very well built... Just hadn't been loving it. Hopefully I won't regret selling it. I had originally planned to buy another Marshall with the money I got from it, but I already worked that out with my new DSL so.....

Got to looking around for another guitar once I got paid and shipped the axe off.

Was looking at esp, ec1000... I know, a round guitar!
    Can't really jive with the les Paul shape, in my hands it feels awkward? Not comfy, I've owned maybe 5 LP guitars before, sold em all off, great sounds, but the neck angle or something....just don't know.

I Started loving the explorer shape again.... Gosh my actual best guitar of all time has always been my epi goth explorer.... I always say it must have been made on a Wednesday, I've wired a dozen different pups into that thing over the years... From std 9s to drop B it always plays well and sounds great. Now that I added blackouts ahb-3s, it's my go to guitar for recording.
    I Looked for a few used Gibsons....still can't afford those, gosh, not even close!

Looking at the zakk Wylde line.... So expensive, but I found exactly 1 that I had enough money for.... Almost bought that. Then I remembered playing one when they were brand new, I spent 40 minutes at a guitar center trying to fall in love with it..... Couldn't see the hype if I'm being honest.

Looked at a few of the Dean Z.... Always have loved my Deans... I've Owned close to 20 Deans over the years, some real good players, especially my ML's and razorback s and maybe only 2 that I didn't care for.... Didn't want to spend 6-7 bills on a chance, plus I still own 2 Deans.

Looked at the Jackson Kelly's, beautiful quilt tops, ND amazing necks, but the body just isn't close enough to a real explorer... Am I an explorer purist?? Is that a thing?
    Esp.... close in look again, but haven't played enough esp to know that I'll love it.... it's good enough for Metallica and dying fetus.... But, then it dawned on me.

The next guitar for me is going to be another epi explorer! Has to be, I know it, I love it.... But not another Goth edition, something... Different.
    Oh that Thommy Thayer model is hot... But that Lzzy Hale model is flat out sexy! Classy but yes definitely a sex machine!

Brand New Lzzy Hale model it is.... On order.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-03-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Default Re: Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

I love that guitar nice choice and it is definitely you. Nice to see you step out of your V comfort zone.

Thumbs up Re: Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

Went with this huh?

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Yep, but I got the pearloid pickguard. Which I like just a little bit better.

I've loved the look of those for years, ever since they first came out.
    Not very comfortable with small necks though.
    If they made one with a wide/chunky neck I'd be all over it.
    "Brains have been washed. Wheels have been greased. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory."

Years ago I had an epi '58 korina Explorer with gold hardware and a white pickguard. I put a pair of Deathbuckers in it. Then I had to sell it. At least it went to a buddy of mine, so I still get to play it on occasion. Here it is next to a V that you should find familiar.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Nice! I can't wait for it to get here.

Yep that's my V..... And my Randall too ha ha. Good stuff brother!