Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: General Tone Tips

Default Re: General Tone Tips

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    When playing through a plexi Marshall circuit, you'll probably find that turning the bass down to 1 or 2 works very well... and even with the bass completely off.
    With my JCM 800 I turn the treble all the way off and bring in the high end with the presence control!!

I noticed that when playing with the extreme distortion a fuzz gives you, the single coils may sound better to me than the humbuckers (with more definition.)
    But it also depends on the guitar.
    3 main guitars : Jeff Beck Strat v1 (baseball neck & Lace Sensors) / 1978 Deluxe Telecaster (Wide Range & diving headstock), 1968 SG Standard with 2018 frets (SH-6 / P-Rail)

Guitars with specific purpose : Slide in E or open G, Baritone, 12 strings, open C / C# Slide, high-strung Nashville...

I had the pleasure of talking with Steve Lukather at NAMM last year. I asked him about what he thinks makes great tone and he said it all comes from your fingers. I doesn't matter what rig you play, tone starts with the player. If you put Eddie on your rig, he will sound like Eddie. I tend to agree. 90% of tone comes from you and your playing style.
    The Gear:

1995 Gibson SG, 1991 Gibson Lucille, 2005 Fender Strat Custom, 1989 Ibanez Jem, And many more....

"It is true. I never practice guitar or take guitar lessons. From time to time I open the case and throw in a piece of raw meat."

-Wes Montgomery

Hola friends, need advise. I connected my guitar to a computer and I want to find a cool game like the Hero of a Guitar. There is something in mind, but I do not know what to download. Thank you in advance)Name:  загружено.png
Views: 15
Size:  10.2 KB
    Do you think King’s horror books https://www.bestadvisor.com/stephen-king-books are becoming less scary or not?