Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures Of My RAT/RODENT Pedal

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar

Default Re: Pictures Of My RAT/RODENT Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by midnite_man
    See? Now there you go with another pedal that a bunch of people have, trick it out, and leave us all salivating over pics of it! You are a cruel man, Johnny, very cruel indeed....I'll email you on that.
    How about my MXR Dist. + ? Supposed to be what Zak Wilde uses a lot of the time for his sound, but like the stock RAT it sounds pretty harsh and also has too much line noise going thru it. It's a nice, small unit though, that could be handy on a pedalboard.

....it rocks
    Hello Bobby....Oh yes,I do have a tweaked up MXR D+ that I handwired all up off of one of JD Sleep's circuit boards..This pedal was given to me and had a bad factory circuit board...I don't use this pedal very much,but it does have a classic early 70s tone I Like...The RAT is better though...This was the first distortion pedal I put together like this and so the wiring was a bit sloppy,but it still works great! Pure and simple MXR pedal.

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 09-04-2005 at 05:02 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

I shoulda guessed!! heh-heh

Quote Originally Posted by STRATDELUXER97
    Hello Bobby....Oh yes,I do have a tweaked up MXR D+ that I handwired all up off of one of JD Sleep's circuit boards..This pedal was given to me and had a bad factory circuit board...I don't use this pedal very much,but it does have a classic early 70s tone I Like...The RAT is better though...This was the first distortion pedal I put together like this and so the wiring was a bit sloppy,but it still works great! Pure and simple MXR pedal.

Fender MIA Strat/Antiquity s.c.'s, Fender MIJ 60's Strat w/SSL-1n/APS1m/SSL-1b, Gibson LP Studio w/Jazz/a slightly aged PAF-soundin' road-worn JB,'06 Schecter Corsair semi-hollow w/DD HB101's(same as 59's), Schecter C-1 Classic w/SD Jazz-n/JB-b, a couple of Epi's w/SD's, Fender amps (DRRI and Blues DeVille) and Marshall (DSL2000 50watt and 2x12 cab loaded with V30's)- Effects:TS-9, Vox 847 wah (thanks, John S.!), Fulltone OCD, and an assortment of colors

Quote Originally Posted by midnite_man
    I shoulda guessed!! heh-heh
    Bobby.....I have a ton of pedals buddy!
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Looks and sounds very cool John. btw - Those are the same knobs I have on my Patriot, although, mine don't have the little white lines on top.

If "life" ever gives me a little break, I need to mosey on down your way, and bring a couple geetars along.

Artie

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieToo
    Looks and sounds very cool John. btw - Those are the same knobs I have on my Patriot, although, mine don't have the little white lines on top.

If "life" ever gives me a little break, I need to mosey on down your way, and bring a couple geetars along.

Artie
    Anytime Artie....Stop talking darn it and start doing buddy!