Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TS7, TS9, or DS1

Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar

Default Re: TS7, TS9, or DS1

Quote Originally Posted by Interstate 70
    Am I crazily simplistic. I guess I figured that overdrive pedals were all the same. You guys make it sound like ice cream. As if they all taste different. Like it's a science or something...is there really that much difference...I'll get my a%% down to the store and tell ya'll what I think about all these different ones.
    You hit the nail on the head with the ice dream anology.....like Baskin -Robbins 31 flavors. I have two different overdrives on my pedal board and the lead channel on my Boogie...chocolate, vanilla & stawberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Fleecy Sweaterologist The Golden Boy's Avatar

My biggest problem in finding an overdrive pedal was that I was listening to what people said, and didn't ask for what I was looking for, and truthfully, I wasn't entirely sure of what I was looking for.

Several years back what I wanted was fuzz/distortion, sustain/compression, and a volume boost. A lot of pedals fit that bill, and I went through a lot of them trying to find the "right" one. After a while I figured out that I didn't want the compression and I wanted the fuzz/distortion to be more of an overdrive. In effect, I wanted a pedal that would sound like an EL-84 amp, controllable throughout it's gain stages and still sound natural and organic and dynamic to the natural point of saturation.

There's a lot of stuff out there- I still haven't come across EXACTLY what I'm looking for, I guess the best bet is to have an idea of what you want and play with as much stuff as you can to know where you're going with it.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am just jug the merlot.

Toadily Stratologist Guitar Toad's Avatar

The trial and error method of tone discovery?
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton

Fleecy Sweaterologist The Golden Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Toad
    The trial and error method of tone discovery?
    It is about the journey, isn't it? I'd prefer the journey with spending as little money as possible.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am just jug the merlot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
    It is about the journey, isn't it? I'd prefer the journey with spending as little money as possible.
    That's called "nailing your tone with the guitar and amp alone" or, Angus Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstate 70
    Am I crazily simplistic. I guess I figured that overdrive pedals were all the same. You guys make it sound like ice cream. As if they all taste different.
    perfectly said. Yes, OD pedals are like ice cream. Now go to your local Ben & Jerry's and figure out which flavour you like best. Once you do that, ask them to modify the ingredients to better suit your taste buds

Tv.

***Hint.. John makes good ice cream***

Toadily Stratologist Guitar Toad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Vault
    perfectly said. Yes, OD pedals are like ice cream. Now go to your local Ben & Jerry's and figure out which flavour you like best. Once you do that, ask them to modify the ingredients to better suit your taste buds

Tv.

***Hint.. John makes good ice cream***
    Make mine a DS-1 with sprinkles and hot carmel?
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton