Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Capsule 2005

Default Re: Time Capsule 2005

1. what music style do you play? Praise and Worship
    2. what guitar(s)/equipment(rig) do you currently use (or use most often)? Parker Fly Deluxe & POD xt Live w/ MXR Dynacomp
    3. what instruments/equipment are you currently GASing for? High end Taylor acoustic or Charis acoustic, Fly Mojo
    4. what is your favorite modern (within the last 5 years) song to listen to and by what band? Hm. Maybe "Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns
    5. what is your favorite song to play on your guitar and by what band? Hold On by Kansas
    6. what is your fondest memory regaurding playing the guitar/bass? Rehearsing with the worship team and arranging the leader's original songs.
    7. what is the stupidest thing you have done in regaurds to playing guitar/bass? Picking it up?
    8. What the most memorable moment regaurding the Forum? No one moment, just the general camaraderie of a diverse yet homogeneous group. Then again, maybe when seafoamer made his presence known.

OH YES! I almost forgot. The games we played with Otto. The "Constitution" thread was CLASSIC! (That's Consbreastution to you S )
    Last edited by LesStrat; 10-11-2005 at 08:34 PM.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

I play mostly rock/blues type of music (garage band stuff), I wish I had the skills to play more jazzy type tunes but that's just not going to happen.

Right now I play a gibson 57' reissue gold top and a G&L Legacy Deluxe - the gibby is stock the G&L has had the pickups replaced with Suhr singles and hb's. For amps I have an 18 watt marshall clone (soultone) and a 30 class A clone of a matchless. But like all things this will change!

I'm gassing for an EJ strat and a landgraff overdrive pedal

I listen to all sorts of stuff so I really don't have any one favorite - I listen to everything from the White Stripes to Ray Charles and they both have new albums out (even though Ray is no longer with us).

I like jamming to Comfortably Numb and probably always will.

My fondest memory, playing a gig and ending it thinking I actually played okay - for a long time I really sucked.

The stupidist thing I've done - probably involves all the wonderful instruments I sold back in the 80's that would be worth more than all my stuff together today! But that's life.

My most memorable forum moment - they've all been fun, even the arguements! I can't say any one thing sticks out.

1. what music style do you play
    Metal/Rock/Whatever the mood is...

2. what guitar(s)/equipment(rig) do you currently use (or use most often)?
    Here Goes...
    1992 MIM Telecaster
    2001 MIM Telecaster
    1989 Ibanez RG750FA
    1989 Ibanez RG750VP
    1988 Kramer Classic III
    1986 Squire Strat
    2005 Squire Strat
    1985(?) Jackson Rhoads
    1985 Performance Super Strat
    1978 ElDegas LP Copy (In pieces)
    1995 Jackson PS-2
    2004 Peavey Millenium BXP 5 String Bass
    Ibanez and Boss stomp boxes
    Line6 AX2 212
    Samson Wireless

3. what instruments/equipment are you currently GASing for?
    Marshall 2203x JCM 800 and 4x12
    Line6 AxSys
    Line6 TonePort
    Ibanez Jem7VWH (2002 or older)
    Powerhouse Strat in Bright Yellow....
    DiMarzio X2N
    Seymour Duncan Heavy Metal LiveWire

4. what is your favorite modern (within the last 5 years) song to listen to and by what band?
    Dead to the World - Nightwish

5. what is your favorite song to play on your guitar and by what band?
    Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Osbourne

6. what is your fondest memory reguarding playing the guitar/bass
    Playing a Metalized version of "Phantom of the Opera" at a music school recital (I was a "hired gun") and being asked for my autograph afterwards.

7. what is the stupidest thing you have done in reguards to playing guitar/bass
    Loaned out my JCM800 that had been owned by Bob Rock (Sweetest sounding JCM800 ever) It never came back... grrrr...

8. What the most memorable moment regaurding the Forum
    The sheer joy of finding a group of people who are almost as pickup-mental as I am!

1. Acoustic rock, classic rock, hard rock, metal
    2. Agile AL-2500, Squier Tele, Korg AX1500G, Fender 15 watt amp, Ibanez PF5NT acoustic
    3. A good 7 string (Schecter maybe) and a Carvin Bolt Kit
    4. Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
    5. Rush - Fly By Night
    6. Probably the first time I played a G-D-C-G bit, made me think "hey, that actually sounded like something"
    7. Dropping my best friend's brand new guitar about 30 seconds after he took it out of the box
    8. None yet really, haven't been here long
    "I was always interested in the 'little black dots.' You know, the idea that you can take a piece of manuscript paper and write on it and have a whole orchestra at your beck and call - That's creativity."
    -Steve Vai

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill
    I think souping up a mini is akin to putting a Floyd Rose on a ES-175.
    Agile AL-2500 Blue Flame (GFS Fat PAF set) | Jackson Performer (Ibanez V5 / stock / Agile stock pup) | ESP LTD H207 (PAF7 / Duncan Designed)
    Korg AX1500G

Mostly rock, pop, funk, soul, jazz, blues you name it!

A Warmoth '51 P-bass and a Ashdown "Perfect ten" combo

Another Warmoth bass, A bigger combo amp for gigs and a Digitech Bad Monkey OD pedal and a EBS MultiComp compressor pedal.

4. what is your favorite modern (within the last 5 years) song to listen to and by what band?
    The Doves - Black and white town

Different Yes bass chops

6. what is your fondest memory regaurding playing the guitar/bass
    When i did my first bass solo at a concert at school, i haven't heard it but all my friends and even my music teachers said it was great!

7. what is the stupidest thing you have done in regaurds to playing guitar/bass
    When i asked for starting playing the electric guitar and my parents got me an old 70's strat as my first guitar, i learned the "easy version" of the smoked on the water riff and i let it stand in the corner for about 4 years and then picked up the bass instead.

The animal pictures and also being with people everyday that loves there deep passion for music.
    100% Bass player

1. What music style do i play = that's easy K.i.s.s. style (keep it simple stupid!)

2. What equipment do i currently use = i have two guitars and zero amps, my Takamine "Ruby" and my P-bass "Whitey"...that's it.

3. What's my g.a.s. list = y'all know me...it's too large to list, so i'll shorten it a bit....the 80's Schecter pt i have on layaway (if they haven't put it back out yet!?), Hamer Monaco Superpro, Surf green strat maple/maple, blnd tele, Rivera Fandango, Mesa Rectoverb, 59' bassman ri...that'll do.

4. Favorite Modern Song = 45 by Shinedown

5. Favorite song to play on guitar = Bass-Creep by radiohead, Guitar-an original

6. Fondest guitar memory - writing my first song "Come Home" at my old house a couple of days after i bought "Ruby".

7. Stupidest thing = everytime i try to record

8. Most memorable moment in the forum = that's a tough one...i'll never forget the thread from the old board about tube vs. modeler, and also my first thread i posted in with Gomano in Prophet's religion thread...those probably still stick out the most.

cool thread!

in thoughts and prayers,
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

1. Blues, jazz, boogie rock
    2. Sunburst AmDlx strat w/ Surfers
    Deluxe reverb reissue with SS rectifier
    3. A 335, but it's not urgent
    4. Anything blues by the John Mayer Trio
    5. Hideaway by Freddie King
    6. The high of getting an awesome improv jam 'climax'. It's intense, but it's only happened around once a month,
    7. Swapping a transformer and having an amp almost fry because i am an idiot.
    8. Getting boatloads of advice from Lew, Curly, Scott_F and the countless others, and all the laughs from Seafoamer.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

1. British Style Blues in guitar. Music wise... Blues, 60's/early 70's Rock.. "Boogie Rock"
    2. American Strat 3toneSunburst w/ Surfers n&m and a LF SP43.
    Getting a JTM45 made by Scott F
    3. Fender Bass IV/ Jaguar Baritone and a Gibson 335
    4. N/A
    5. Nothing in Particular... maybe.. Cream- Crossroads, Fleetwood Mac- Black Magic Woman or Jumping at Shadows
    6. Probabally my first big show at my school when I played Machine Gun.
    7. Turning on Marshall head without a speaker.
    8. Gaining lots of knowledge musically and technically, and conversing with you dudes.
    There is no spoone
    - The Matricks

Rock, Punk, Blues and Cheese!

Peavey Millenium 5-String bass/Digitech BP8 Effects/Laney R3 Combo.

Warwick Corvette 5-String in natural finish

Newborn - Muse

Anasthesia(Pulling Teeth) - Metallica (well Cliff Burton anyway)

Jamming with Seymour at UK UGD..........and supporting Showaddywaddy!!!!

Smacked a guy in the puss with my bass. He tried to invade my stage space!

UK UGD
    Remember the Bassist!!! It all goes quiet without 'em!

- Hard rock, metal, blues, some country.

- 1994 Fender Strat, 2004 Epi Les Paul, 1993 homemade strat, 1988 Kramer Baretta, 2004 Martin D-28, 1990 Marshall JCM900 MkIII 100 Watt, Boss Super Chorus, Boss DD-2 Digital Delay, MXR Wylde Overdrive, homemade booster.

- Fender MIA Tele, Strathead Charvel (Hum-Single), Les Paul Junior, MIJ Fender Strat with Floyd Rose (Hum-Single-Single).

- Anything from Black Label Society off "The Blessed Hellride" or "Hangover Music".

- Oh wow, this is tough one. Right now, it's "House of Broken Love" by Great White. I just love playing the solos in that song. Ok, there's two, "Rock Me" also by Great White.

6. what is your fondest memory regarding playing the guitar/bass
    - Playing outdoors at a pigroast party in the mid 90's for a friend of the drummer. All day gig, lots of food, lots of improvisation, off the cuff stuff. Good times.

- Sold my 1993 Les Paul Studio.

8. What the most memorable moment regarding the Forum.
    - My most memorable moment in the forum would be discovering the endless number of threads that theodie (Dave) makes his stance on the JB known.

1. Anything Catchy with lots of distortion

2. Fender Cyclone- Duncan Invader/Squier Jagmaster-Duncan Distortions/US Tele - Duncan Jazz in neck/US Strat HSS/US Dlx 50th Aniversary Strat

3. Fender Toronado GT

4. Scream Out by The Unseen - Great band!

5. Actually I love to play The Star Spangled Banner

6. The guy who lives across the street from me is a huge jerk.. and is constantly monitoring mine and my neighbors home (he has actually video taped us).. all because my neighbor (who's also my nephew) has a practice track out back.. he's a MotoCross rider and is expected to go pro when he turns 18. Well.. so this guy gets annoying because he's trying to build a legal case to stop him from riding.. and one night I just had enough.. so I took my Cyclone w/Invader onto the front porched.. maxed out my Fender Stage 160 and just played noise/feedback for like 30 minutes. After the cops came I learned since there's no noise ordinance I can do it whenever I want. lol I don't, but I should do it at least one more time!

7. Sliced my hand open on a TOM bridge. No clue how it happened... but it was pretty stupid to hit my hand that far back. heh.

8. Back in early '03 when all of my posts from the previous forum got lost/deleted. lol na. ;-) What gets me everytime about this place is everytime I come on (once ever few monthes) I always get PMs asking how I'm doing and where I've been. Not easy to forget all the decent people here.
    st.

Hard rock, metal, etc
    Epiphone Flying V, Warmoth Tele, Fender FM 212R, Fender P-Bass, some crappy Marshall bass amp
    Fender Esquire, Warmoth LP, Warmoth Strat, THD UniValve, bunch o' pedals
    The Rose Petalled Garden by Black Label Society
    S.I.N., or No More Tears by Ozzy
    Learning my first guitar solo
    While jamming with a few buddies, I decided it would be a good idea to throw my bass around. That's when I realized it needed a new pickup..
    Being able to finally show off my beautiful Warmoth Tele.. but more importantly, learning everything from the forumites
    Current Guitars: 2016 Gibson SG Special 70's Tribute, 2016 Gibson Classic Goldtop
    Current Amp: Mesa/Boogie Mark V > 2x12
    Current Effects Pedal: PettyJohn Chime, Fulltone Clyde, EQD Grand Orbiter, Empress VMSD
    Current G.A.S: moar Les Pauls - The list just keeps changing!

Christian PnW. Some modern rock, Classic blues rock.

Peavey 7 string, Strat copy loaded with Duckbucker and SSL3 hot.. and a coughdmzcough.
    Pedaled thru a Korg1500G

Some EBMM 7 string. A japanese strat.. Visual sound pedals.

Andy timmons. Cry for you.

Little wing - Jimi hendrix.
    Hillsong stuff.

Playing in church.. 3000 people.

Rejecting an offer of a mint American telecaster for US$ 280.

You guys being so helpful in helping me pick pups. And all the entertainment in class.

1. Hard Rock with Punk and Metal undertones

2. Gibson LP Standard/Peavey TripleXXX

3. Gibson Firebird V or VII

4. Ian Moore - Caroline

5. Moonlight Serenade - Mr. Nasty

6. From 2005 - Playing the first Mr. Nasty gig in 13 years opening for Faster *****cat

7. Snapped the headstock clean off my LP Jr so bad that it needed a new neck

8. The Butch Snyder debacle (sorry it had to be something negative)

DeadSkinSlayer3

1. Metal - Black/death/thrash/melodic/progressive
    2. Schecter Stealth/C-7, 5150, OD808, NS-2, PODxt
    3. Mesa Mark III/IV, Petrucci 7 string with Piezo, Schecter 007 Blackjack
    4. Anything by Nevermore. I never get tired of them; there's not a song I don't like.
    5. Either Overture 1928 by Dream Theater, or my stuff.
    6. Whenever I record and get out something I'm really proud of.
    7. Smashing my old Schecter and Ibanez RG. I wouldn't mind having either around.
    8. UGD

1. what music style do you play?
    Punk, Pop-Punk, Alternative, some form of Hard Rock

A strat copy (Covered with stickers) with a seymour duncan in bridge and fender single coils. A Vox ADVT30, a Boss GE-7, A Dunlop Wah, and a footswitch.

A les paul(Agile 3000) w/a rio grande BBQ humbucker in the bridge and perhaps a JB in the neck. A PODxt would be rad.

Any song by Rufio, they're amazing.

So far, the Bitter end by Sum 41.

Playing guitar in my garage, then my friend comes over with his amp and guitar, then my other friend comes in his skateboard and brings his bass and amp, then later my additional friend finds out and brings his drumset over. 1hour later, we have a small audience of 20 people. Keep in mind I was just jamming and this stuff happened. It was unbelievable.

7. what is the stupidest thing you have done in regaurds to playing guitar/bass?
    I found a small acoustic guitar. I tried to take a video so I can do an animation of me breaking a guitar. After I broke it, I found out the camera wasn't recording.

8. What the most memorable moment regaurding the Forum?
    The knowledge I have acquired in one year. That and the constant arguements

Krankitupologist krankguitarist's Avatar

1) I play Progressive metal/heavy rock
    2) I use: EBMM silhouette special, gibson les paul studio lite, and carvin DC 747 through a krank revolution 1
    3) Gassing for A PRS custom 22 and Hamer studio
    4) "Bleak" by Opeth
    5) My favorite songs to play are my own really...three in peticular, but none of em have names.
    6) Fondest memory is of playing a in front of a huge crowd at our local venue here, the gaslighter, with my old band. We played the best we had ever played that night, it was magical.
    7) Stupidest thing I've ever done was attempt to re-fret my gibson V by myself with minimal prior experience.
    8) Most memorable moment, UGD. ****in awesome.

DeadSkinSlayer3

Stop lying, Krank. Your dumbest thing was playing infront of Dave Mustaine with your fly open.

1. what music style do you play?
    Country, blues, Southern Rock

Johnson Strat, 1952 Gibson ES-125, Marlboro Dreadnaught, Sears-Roebuck OE style acoustic, Santa Rosa acoustic 12 string, 1983 Fender Squire MIJ 57RI, Oscar Schmidt Delta King OE-30, a Memphis something or another, 3 part-o-casters, J. Reynolds Strat, 1953 Gibson GA-30 amp

3. what instruments/equipment are you currently GASing for? Nothing at the moment. Maybe a decent strat neck.

4. what is your favorite modern (within the last 5 years) song to listen to and by what band? Rancho Grande by The Roger Creager Band

5. what is your favorite song to play on your guitar and by what band? Whatever comes to my fingers. Probably Maria, Maria by Santana

6. what is your fondest memory regaurding playing the guitar/bass? The day my grandfather gave me his ES-125 and GA-30. I knew I had made him proud.

7. what is the stupidest thing you have done in regaurds to playing guitar/bass? I cant remember anything stupid I've done regarding guitars. Well, beside leaning them up against stuff.

8. What the most memorable moment regaurding the Forum? When Rob met up with me and my cousin in Dallas to take our minds off our grandfather. One of the nicest things anyones done for me.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Talking Re: Time Capsule 2005

Hard Rock, Metal, Blues, Old School Punk
    My Chavel Fusion with the SD special order PU's, and my Line6 SpiderII 30 amp
    ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ Duncans

It changes all the time, I like Slipknot's Before I forget, and the last two Megadeth cd's
    Ace of Spades by Motorhead and Highway to Hell AC/DC
    It would be in the 80's when my punk band played at the Receda Country Club in Los Angeles. We were all under 21 they gave us beer and Motley Crue showed up. Mick Mars is the coolest down to earth Rock star I have met and very very funny.
    UGD 2005 meeting you guys rocked, and I can't forget Drinking with Jolly and Billy as part of the A-Team drinking team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vespa View Post
    Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
    I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
    Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
    Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
    Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
    Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
    Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD