Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everybody!!!!!!!!!! A New Evh Pedal!

Default Re: Everybody!!!!!!!!!! A New Evh Pedal!

Well I found my birthday present just gotta wait about 8 1/2 months. I loved the EVH Phase 90. Eddies doing bad these days but I dont care he still my favorite. DLR, Hagar, it doesnt matter Van Halen owns!!!

When you are charging your fans $175 bucks a seat for the last concert, those fans deserve to have a sober guitar player or at least one that is not wasted. He played great that night. But, I also saw him in the DLR heydays (several nights in a row, from in the barricade) and he was a master then.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire
    I love EVH...I even liked the record VH3! The sad truth is that Eddie is in bad shape but that still has NO impact on what he did for the electric guitar...with one record he foreve changed the face of rock music and the electric guitar in general for that matter!
    That one Cherone song were there in the ice cave and eddie has the wolfie with P90s is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    When you are charging your fans $175 bucks a seat for the last concert, those fans deserve to have a sober guitar player or at least one that is not wasted. He played great that night. But, I also saw him in the DLR heydays (several nights in a row, from in the barricade) and he was a master then.
    I think my ticket was around $80 or something and all I know is they rocked! They all had smiles on there faces and Eddie played this huge improv solo, different than the solo on live without a net. He had the best tone I have ever heard at a concert too.The whole concert was great except when Hagar did his little solo performance. At the end Hagar menioned this was his best concert yet, I thought he was just saying that but after hearing all the reviews, I know its true.

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire
    Im gonna tell ya what...you are 15 and don't know anybetter and I won't hold that against you but you have no idea what Eddie did to the guitar playing world...EVH 1 dropped at the hight of Dicso mania and not only broke through but changed the way that every guitar player looked at his instrument. Close to 30 years later people still talk about that record and it still holds up...if there are still people trying to get something like Ed's tone (and belive me, there are still boat loads of guys hunting for the brown sound) then there is a market for EVH guitars, amps, and FX boxes...deal with it.
    Very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    Does it get drunk on stage and chain smoke as well? I loved seeing them on their last tour, but man Eddie was wasted.
    Hell , Jimmy Page was all smacked from herion on Zeps `77 final US tour. Now I believe Gibson makes a Jimmy Page Les Paul that costs around $5,000 , who knows how expensive the double neck will be.
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Why mess with MXR when one can still obtain an ADA Flanger...the best!

DeadSkinSlayer3

I understand full-well what he did for music, the guitar playing world, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 9finger
    Sadly the man has laid waste to himself though. Who knows what he could be doing right now had he stayed clean.

This is my point, basically. The man was a god, and then he ****ed everything up.

8 strings of madness! JB_From_Hell's Avatar

$175 a ticket for a concert is ****ing rediculous, but aside from that, I really think Ed's earned a ****load more credit than a bunch of as5holes like us are giving him.

Van Halen bashing = hella-lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell
    $175 a ticket for a concert is ****ing rediculous, but aside from that, I really think Ed's earned a ****load more credit than a bunch of as5holes like us are giving him.

Van Halen bashing = hella-lame.
    Agreed.

rolling stones came to pittsburgh and i believe that 200 was the lowest price offered on a ticket, i think 500 or something around there was the highest. it was rediculous
    Quote Originally Posted by ratherdashing View Post
    Ah yes, a Gibsom Res Paur. Good fortune comes to buyer!

Skarekrough

Hey...what do you do when you grunt out **** release after **** release after **** release? You sign to anyone that will have you!

There's a reason why SRV and Hendrix left a legacy...because they never got the chance to cash in and whore themselves out like this.

The question now isn't if he would sign for a Tampon commercial, but it's become evident that the question is "How much" would it take to get him to sign for a tampon commercial.

The tragedy is some of you would doggedly hope you'd start bleeding JUST so you could use them.

Seriously...for the price of a concert ticket you should expect more from the band. And for the legacy that's been created you should expect more from the man.

EVH stands poised and willing to leave a string of cashed checks rather than a legacy.

So buy on....seriously....why shouldn't you send them message that since he hasn't done a relevant album in a span of time that's longer than some posting to this thread have been alive...it's still okay.

You should expect more from your rock stars....

Tommyologist

EVH was bigger then life in the early 80's to me..... his playing was/is and could be killer.... Roth era albums were great, the first 2 Sammy records grew on me and i love them... Sammy took the band and made them a great live act..... i have a bunch of pro shot videos and soundboard recordings and stuff.... with Roth they were sloppy live, and with Sammy they were tighter live... I love both eras but Sammy did a lot for them. But the albums with Roth are so dam great!

When i was young.... 13 or so in the early 80's i wanted every piece of gear Ed used.... all thru my teenage years i would of payed anything if i had the money.... seems to me they missed out on the prime marketing era to sell EVH stuff.... But non the less there is still people that will buy the VH Signature stuff.... The EVH Charvel is the nicest super strat i have picked up in years but i'll never pay that price for one... I never bought the Pedals...... I do own a 5150 stack but that i got for dirt cheap.... I want a Kramer 1984 from MusicYo or an original Baretta, but not for the Eddie look... i always liked the early Baretta's finnished in White....

I saw video of The Atomic Punks on their web site.... they are a VH tribute act that does the Roth era only.... i saw on Russ's pedalboard an older MXR Phase 90 and a Boss BF2 Flanger..... That BF2 does do a good job for Eddie tones..... Why pay the expense of a signature pedal for Ed's Flanger when a cheap used Boss may do the trick.... So i'll pass on this EVH Flanger one i think..... But if they had it out in 1984 i would of had 3 of them....

Unseen

I understand full-well what he did for music, the guitar playing world, etc...
    I am sorry but I do not think so...
    This is my point, basically. The man was a god, and then he ****ed everything up.
    That is how life goes...
    What goes up, also goes down!
    And if anyone survives maybe it will go up again.
    And the Phase90 sounds great, cool phaser, so the flanger is very possible also a good deal.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Eddy is certainly one of the most revolutionary. He's a hero to a lot of people, so let them try and replicate his original axe. That's what a signature guitar is all about. I love my signature Satriani, got a problem?

I kinda feel a deep connection with it because every time I step out to gig, I feel like I have a bit of Satriani lookin' over me, sounds stupid, but I do. Maybe some people who mod their strats to look like Eddy's feel the same way, or want to go back to that time when he was first making all those break throughs.

Just my two cents.
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkinSlayer3
    Am I the only one who wishes companies would stop capitalizing off a man and band who should've ended his career when DLR left?
    Yes, as much as I love your metal stuff.... Sammy f'n rocks and it would have been a shame if Van Halen never added him as the frontman for the band.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar3000 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

I really like the style EVH has. Although alotta people tries to imitate him.
    But with his sound, i guess its the Bogner amps he had came up with. I had a friend who gotten the 5150 combo and its pretty loud.
    I would like to see more of the gadgets thats named after the man who invented tapping
    Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
    Gibson 1959 reissue
    Gibson 1960 reissue
    Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

How many rock giants haven't screwed themselves up in some way? Those that have not are in the vast minority.

In terms of using 'signature' gear...I used to think it was really uncool. But, after having had some good experiences (Malmsteen sig Strat, Wolfgang, 5150, JB) I think that it's okay. I don't have to play like Yngwie (or in his style) to get the benefit of the scalloped board...not everyone is out to clone their favorite player.
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

8 strings of madness! JB_From_Hell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_Chris
    Sammy f'n rocks and it would have been a shame if Van Halen never added him as the frontman for the band.
    + a billion

ok,

i think that alot of People look at these artists in a weird way. that is, like they arent human or something.
    Who knows what kind of person ED is and what he goes through in his day to day life.

Yeah i know that he hasnt come out with real good stuff since DLR but what the heck???? wasnt all the rest of the stuff good enough for everyone??

does anyone know how insanly tough it is for the moon and the stars to be aligned properly and for a musician to come out with a few great memorial tracks???

i mean here is a simple human being that changed the way guitar was looked at forever and people ( incuding me) sit there and say stupid **** like" man he sucks now" . i mean, how inteligent is that?? i think i would give my left one to come out with half the stuff he has, and im sure that goes for everyone here.
    He just upped the standards so so much that people expect him to deliver time and time again. Whenever this happens, just listen to Push comes to Shove and wonder where the heck did that come from??? Mars??

give the guy a break, he is just an amazing musician he doesnt have to be Mother Teresa as well. he has problems too.
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.