Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everybody!!!!!!!!!! A New Evh Pedal!

Default Re: Everybody!!!!!!!!!! A New Evh Pedal!

I wouldn't say Eddie is 1 of my all time favourites or anything, but I love his playing on all the old albums that I have (I'm not all that familiar with the 'newer' stuff).

I know he's had a hard time in the last few years due to various reasons (didn't he have throat cancer or something a few years ago?), and 'may' feel that a good way to get his name around is to get his name on as many products as possible.

I'm personally not interested in trying to 'copy' his sound (so I won't be buying the pedals myself), but imo, there's other guitarists that have whored themselves out a hell of a lot more than Eddie has!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I would like to see more of the gadgets thats named after the man who invented tapping
    Eddie didn't invent tapping, he popularised it's use. Jazz guitarists as far back as the 30s were known to use a tapping technique. Ed merely introduced the technique to the Rock Guitar world

With Eruption Ed changed the way rock n roll guitar would be played for a long time . He was also responsible for the birth of thousands of super strat type guitars. Almost every rock guitar player in the 80s could be traced back to Ed. It`s just my opinion but I`ll say he`s responsible for shred guitar playing to. Lets hope over the last year he`s been getting back into the guitar.
    Last edited by 51501984; 01-21-2006 at 10:09 PM.
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire
    Im gonna tell ya what...you are 15 and don't know anybetter and I won't hold that against you but you have no idea what Eddie did to the guitar playing world...EVH 1 dropped at the hight of Dicso mania and not only broke through but changed the way that every guitar player looked at his instrument. Close to 30 years later people still talk about that record and it still holds up...if there are still people trying to get something like Ed's tone (and belive me, there are still boat loads of guys hunting for the brown sound) then there is a market for EVH guitars, amps, and FX boxes...deal with it.

Don't bet on it. The local shops with in driving distance stopped carrying the 5150 long before EVH left PV because they weren't selling. They sold the last of their Wolfgangs at cost to get rid of them (and it still took a while) long before EVH left PV. They never bothered to bring in that Charvel money grab because the price was plain insanity. VH1 is great but EVH these days as an endorsement carries about as much weight as the save the spotted owl society. This last tour, parading EVH around the country for the world to see what a staggering drunk playing the guitar badly looked like didn't help his cause one bit either.

Tone Member

That looks cool!
    Any word on price?

Tommyologist

This new Flanger still does nothing for me.... but i saw an ad for the EVH Charvels and i wanted all 3..... if they were under a grand i'd own one i bet... just because when i played one in Vancouver last year it was insane how great it felt! That neck was slippery and the action was so low! Ya it's painted like Ed's famous stripped guitars but it felt so nice i could care less.... saddly i guess if i tried to play my own music on one people would be saying.... "this guy don't sound like Eddie" ha ha ha..... still it was one nice axe!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstherocker
    You mean Genesis, Ace Frehley, Harvey Mandel wasn't tapping before EVH?

Wait, Billy Gibbons wasn't tapping in 1974?! Oh that's right, Eddie taught Billy the trick, my bad.
    He should still be given the cred. Im sure Frank Zappa would agree

Tommyologist

As far as the tapping goes Ed really never said he invented it... he just said he had never seen it used the way he does.... I have Genesis video from the Lamb tour in 74/75 and Hackett is taping, so is Steve from Yes on some mid 70's era video...... plus many others, some where mentioned above... But Ed turned it into a real showstopper....

Quote Originally Posted by WhoFan
    As far as the tapping goes Ed really never said he invented it... he just said he had never seen it used the way he does.... I have Genesis video from the Lamb tour in 74/75 and Hackett is taping, so is Steve from Yes on some mid 70's era video...... plus many others, some where mentioned above... But Ed turned it into a real showstopper....
    Didn't he even admit to rippin' it from Page or somebody? Yeah...no doubt it became his "thing" and still sort of is. Not sure how I feel about that one.
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

OMG!!!!!! NO WAY A NEW EVH PEDAL ok. coo. im sorry i cant stop laughing @ the farting smilie
    Cambiar de imanes es falso y maricon

You mean Genesis, Ace Frehley, Harvey Mandel weren't tapping before EVH?

Wait, Billy Gibbons wasn't tapping in 1974?! Oh that's right, Eddie taught Billy the trick, my bad.
    dude...no one was doing it to the extent that ed did...

yeah...billy gibbons wrote eruption....

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

and as for that pedal...where do i get in line?

EVH is GOD

in addition...if tapping was such a well known trick at the time ed wouldn't have played those licks with his back to the audience to keep them from stealing it before he got signed...

come on...

EVH is GOD

All this talk about tapping , it`s called right handed hammerons. Get it right!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Quote Originally Posted by J Moose
    Didn't he even admit to rippin' it from Page or somebody? Yeah...no doubt it became his "thing" and still sort of is. Not sure how I feel about that one.
    He didnt do any ripping off, he was inspired. If I remeber correctly Jimmy was hammering-on with his feed-backing guitar.

What famous songs were made with each singers? I have absolutely no idea about that... I just have their best of and while I can see the difference in the singers' voices, I have no idea who's who...

About EVH: he's doing the same as Dimebag and Zakk Wylde. I couldn't care less what he does. If his stuff sounds great, then all good I guess. If his stuff brings me the sound I want, why not use it if it's really it. And I really love the stripped design myself. Let the man live his life and get on with yours.

Spare us the lecture about how the whole world was trying to snake his sound and style, because most people didn't care how he did it, just what it sounded like.
    yeah, you're right, noone ever wanted to find out how ed was doing that...when people figured out what he was doing suddenly EVERYONE was doing....yeah you're right

EVH is GOD

Unseen

It is a style old as the guitar itself.
    Just look at flamenco players for instance....they use both hands for alot of trippy stuff.
    There is nothing new, only recycles.

It would be more correct to said EVH PIONEERED! Tapping. Rather than saying he Invented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilogy
    This is getting silly; you have some 20 year old with 'extensive qualifications and enlightened answers' schooling others and calling some 17 year old "kiddo." Please forgive my frankness, 'Dad.'

For the record, it was Harvey Mandel who was the first to utilize the "tapping" technique (on record, in a Rock context), and Eddie was inspired from a guy who used to take lessons from Mandel, whom I used to know.

Whether Eddie "invented" tapping or not ... the question that remains to be answered is - just who was it exactly that [?]90 percent[?] of the Rock guitarists in the 80's were practicing "6-10" hours a day in hopes of attemtping to emulate, was it ... Billy Gibbons, Harvey Mandel, the Jazzers perhaps??

Eddie was/is a guitar God; 15 years of being at the top of the Rock charts isn't excatly a fluke or what you might label as a 'one hit/record wonder.'

Deal with it, live with it ... LEARN from it, 'Dad'

nice!...yeah, billy gibbons introduced that technique to the world....

EVH is GOD

Why does everyone focus on the tapping? With or without tapping, his playing changed music.
    formerly n00b