Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brobucker Reviews

Default Re: Brobucker Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 75lespaul
    Well, first I took off the cover to check out the sweet double creams. I agonized whether to put my Antiquity cover on it or leave the original. I finally kept the original, but I may change that as I love the Antiquity aged covers.
    How much wax is on the top and sides of the pickup under the cover?

18 watts of Mayhemologist JumpMarine's Avatar

I've already posted about this in the other thread but figured that I'd do it here too. I've spent quite a bit of time with the BB today and I can't get this pup sound bad, she's killer! I installed it in my R7 replacing the Wagner Fillmore bridge, which is an awsome pup fyi. It is a great match for the Fillmore neck that will be staying in the guitar indefinately. The BB has slightly less output than the Fillmore so I had to compensate by lowering the neck pup a bit more to balance things out. Tonally they are VERY similar though the Fillmore has a tad bit more sweetness and looseness. This was especially noticeable when I rolled back the volume. They are both A5 magnets. The BB has prominent mids, sweet highs and tight lows. It's very articulate and retains that PAF flavor nicely, but with more balls. It'll do Duane and the Rev as well as more modern stuff. This pup is a keeper and I think that it will be staying in my Goldtop for quite a while. The reason that I am keeping it in rather than the Fillmore is that I believe that the Brobucker will cover much more ground than the Fillmore. The Fillmore does Duane perfectly, but the BB does it all.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Ultimate Tone Member LesPaulRules's Avatar

I just received my BroBucker, but am not sure what guitar it's going in.

Can anyone relate the sound of this pickup to another Duncan the've used? It would at least give me a starting point on what this would sound like, without having to solder it and out of several guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaulRules
    I just received my BroBucker, but am not sure what guitar it's going in.

Can anyone relate the sound of this pickup to another Duncan the've used? It would at least give me a starting point on what this would sound like, without having to solder it and out of several guitars.
    If you want your LP to Rule, in keeping with your namesake, put it in your LP.

Actually, this is one of those pickups thats so balanced in all the frequencies, that it'd probably sound good in any guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar

Great to see all the positive reviews about the Brobucker so far....Once I get caught up on a couple of other projects,I'll get mine installed....Looking forward to the same results as all of you....

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

I wonder if mine will have the correct spelling of my last name hehehe. everyone tends to mess that up for some reason.

-Mike

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XSSIVE
    I wonder if mine will have the correct spelling of my last name hehehe. everyone tends to mess that up for some reason.

-Mike
    People always pronounce my last name as Spinea......It's pronounced "Speena"......LOL Spina is the spelling...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

where the heck do people get the E from when they pronounce your name lol.

my last name is D'Avanzo i get D-UH-VAN-ZO all the time which is wrong, it's actually DUH-VAN-ZO. as for spelling people butcher that all the time and tend to leave out the ' (i've had people ask, what's and apostrophe a few times too ) or they don't make the A capital (when i say, D apostrophe capital A...) or spell it with an S instead of a Z. heck i got a package once for Michael Buhvanso lol.

-Mike

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by XSSIVE
    where the heck do people get the E from when they pronounce your name lol.

my last name is D'Avanzo i get D-UH-VAN-ZO all the time which is wrong, it's actually DUH-VAN-ZO. as for spelling people butcher that all the time and tend to leave out the ' (i've had people ask, what's and apostrophe a few times too ) or they don't make the A capital (when i say, D apostrophe capital A...) or spell it with an S instead of a Z. heck i got a package once for Michael Buhvanso lol.

-Mike
    Better than Chanandler Bong I guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect
    Better than Chanandler Bong I guess

That's "Miss Chanandler Bong."
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis
    That's "Miss Chanandler Bong."

lol that episode was on yesterday as i was flipping through channels...classic!

-Mike

"He's a transponster!!!"

"That's not even a word!!!"
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Shut up Beavis.....back to the Beavisbucker!!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburst
    I assume they have a test axe and amp in the custom shop?
    Quite probably. I still wonder if Seymour has had the time to hear it. I don't doubt that he was consulted on all of the little details (like what kind of wind, how much to degauss, etc.) though.

There are several bros whose opinion I trust on the Brobucker. Gearjoneser, Dr. Barlo and Stratdeluxer are among them. They all have *great* ears! There are others too -- sorry for leaving you out. But I'd really like to hear Lew's opinion on the Brobucker! I'd bet he'd love it! I'm guessing that we'll probably never know his opinion of it though.
    Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser
    Shut up Beavis.....back to the Beavisbucker!!! LOL
    Woah! That waths cool!...

Can someone who's taken the cover off the normal spaced answer my question in post #21? Thanks.

TheArchitect

If anyone decides they don't want their's they can feel free to contact me

i picked it up last night at about 8 and it was on stage by 10. i really like it! with a seth lover in the neck i think it matches up really well,
    i raised it till the volume balance was good and its staying right where it is.
    the guitar had a pg set in it since i took my old 10k out. the pgs are great, some of my favorites ever, but when i put a seth in the neck the pgb kinda sounded like it lacked bottom, the two pups sounded great just not in the same guitar.
    thru the dr. z maz38 and speedster dlx the bb had good bottom which i expected from an a5 pup but the smoothness of the top end and richness of the mids was a pleasant suprise. the top end wasnt too strong but still strong enough to cut thru and the mids are bigger and warmer than i usually expect from an a5 pup.

i dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH
    How much wax is on the top and sides of the pickup under the cover?
    Mine had barely any wax. I scraped what was there off with my fingernail, polished it a bit with my sleeve and it was like a store bought, cover off pickup.
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Quote Originally Posted by DankStar View Post
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 75lespaul
    Mine had barely any wax. I scraped what was there off with my fingernail, polished it a bit with my sleeve and it was like a store bought, cover off pickup.
    Cool. That means it got one bath and that was it. Was just curious. Thanks.
    Last edited by ErikH; 02-24-2006 at 11:26 AM.