Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brobucker Reviews

Talking Re: Brobucker Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB
    Totally understand what you mean (how scary is that? ) In essence (IMO)...It's easy to minimize that frequency/characteristic you spoke of when present if need be, but there is no way to add it if it's not there to begin with.
    It took you a lot less room to say that than it did me. Reminds me of Lord of War.

Some people call me "The Lord of War" but I think you are the real Lord or War

Nono I think you mean Warlord

Thanks, but I prefer it my way
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Default Re: Brobucker Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke
    It took you a lot less room to say that than it did me. Reminds me of Lord of War.

Some people call me "The Lord of War" but I think you are the real Lord or War

Nono I think you mean Warlord

Thanks, but I prefer it my way

Whatever works
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Jeff, I think you're gonna like this pup. I'm starting to think it is one of if not if not THE best balanced Duncan.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

well i finished my "evil brobucker" project. now i just need a guitar to put it in LOL.

black cover and black 3/4" long hex head screws. being that i used 3/4" long screws just like the normal flat head ones VS the typical 5/8" long hex heads used on stock duncans i think the sound change from stock may be very little if any at all. i have a feeling the length of the screw plays a bit more of a roll in sound than head shape. it's not like i'd know anyway since i never used it with the chrome cover or chrome screws anyway LOL

oh and MJ did spell my name correct

-Mike

holy sh!t that looks awesome mike!!
    '05 Gibson SG Standard
    '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
    PRS IRW McCarty
    '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
    82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XSSIVE
    well i finished my "evil brobucker" project. now i just need a guitar to put it in LOL.

black cover and black 3/4" long hex head screws. being that i used 3/4" long screws just like the normal flat head ones VS the typical 5/8" long hex heads used on stock duncans i think the sound change from stock may be very little if any at all. i have a feeling the length of the screw plays a bit more of a roll in sound than head shape. it's not like i'd know anyway since i never used it with the chrome cover or chrome screws anyway LOL

-Mike
    I really like the looks of that...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

This is gonna scream !
    I tried the allen scews toward the bridge in a Demon and it was too much , but then the Brob having a row of slugs is fatter and perhaps will handle it ?

Quote Originally Posted by XSSIVE

-Mike
    looks awesome... if it sound half as good as it looks i want one!!!
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

I have one waiting for you Marcel : Demon 8 ! ( 80 E )

I matched mine up with a seth neck in a 1993 LP std. The seth totally overpowers the Brobucker even after drastically adjusting both heights.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong? I may resolder all my connections and try it again.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fab.regnaut
    I have one waiting for you Marcel : Demon 8 ! ( 80 E )
    haha no money and I need TB spacing anyway
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

claytonc: Can you lower the Seth?

I've ordered a 59n 4-conductor to use with the BB in the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer
    claytonc: Can you lower the Seth?

I've ordered a 59n 4-conductor to use with the BB in the bridge.
    It may go a little lower, but it is really, really low.

thanks Zimmer!

Something is not right. I have a Seth and BB in an LP and a 59' neck and BB in my LP DC Std and in each case, I can get the two to balance out volume -wise.
    Do you have a DC voltmeter? You can plug a cord into the guitar and measure the DC resistance of all pickups positions. Put the positive lead on the tip of the cable and the negative on any part below the tip and the BB should measure about 9.5 to 9.9 k. If it doesn't, something is wired wrong or the pickup has a short in it.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
    Gibsons: LP DC STD '57 & BB3; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom Seth & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & Brobucker; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
    Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
    Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, JVM410HJS; Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAE-OD100SE+; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Tone Member

This may sound retarted BUT can I still buy a BROBUCKER or is that deal over??

it was a one time deal. you could have the custom shop make you a similar pup if you wanted.

i have a seth with a bb and they match up very well, sounds like yours might not be working right. what did you get for a dc resistance reading?

Sorry to kill a sell but you don't need a Brobucker when there is the Screaming Demon , same thing but less FAT and more adjustable with its 2 rows of screws .

Quote Originally Posted by fab.regnaut
    Sorry to kill a sell but you don't need a Brobucker when there is the Screaming Demon , same thing but less FAT and more adjustable with its 2 rows of screws .
    Sorry to call out on this but you couldn't be more wrong. The specs aren't even close. The only common or close spec is the DC resistance. The whole reason for the Brobucker was because the Demon did not fit what was asked for.

I believe they share 42 gauge and 10k resistance , but the two rows of screws of the Demon makes it brighter .

The Brobucker is also unbalanced, scatterwound with a Dunaged A5 mag in addition to slug/screw coils. According to MJ, it is closer to the S-Deco than the Demon.

The Demon is wound with polysol or poly-nylon insulated magnet wire. A P.A.F. is wound with plain enamel. (This came straight from Evan in another thread).

They are very different pickups.