Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Maxon CS-550 Chorus Sample

Steve_R

Smile Maxon CS-550 Chorus Sample

Home brew tube amp.. clean clean.. Les Paul with Seth Lover and 59n.. waycool chorus pedal.
    clip
    Last edited by Steve_R; 03-18-2004 at 06:07 AM.

Sounds great man.....very clean sounding chorus.

Nice clip Steve, very cool tone.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

I could listen to that clip all day long. I love the chorus sound and you did a great job bringing it to life.

I failed to get the clip - it timed out, but I've been taking a look at that pedal.

the web site says the 550, like the other Vintage Series pedals, is "buffered bypass". The 820 is the only one that's true bypass. I couldn't tell you if that even matters.
    I just got an OD Pro 820, and I'll review it soon. Best OD I've tried!

Sweet chorus tone Steve !

Nice playing too.

congrats

sounds AWESOME, just AWESOME!!!

Steve_R

Thanks dudes It sounds better live. At the music store, I played it through a new Fender pro with Jensen speakers... beautiful blend along with the bell tone of the amp. This particular amp of mine gets really clean but the speakers are real mid focussed and not the greatest for glassy tones. I am going to get a Jensen c12n for it.

This thing does not kill your guitar's bass output like some other choruses do.. that is nice.. it does not make your sound thinner when you engage it.

Curly you are right! I originally went to get the anolog delay but the store did not have one... so I bought this thing on a whim.. I specifically asked about true-bypass but got a BS answer I guess.. I should have researched it first.

Unseen

That is a very nice chorus, I use the RC-99 one, I love Maxon/Ibanez chorus's

Steve_R

Originally posted by Rid
    That is a very nice chorus, I use the RC-99 one, I love Maxon/Ibanez chorus's
    Sweet - I just discovered Maxon.. thanks to all of the gear geeks around here