Vapor Trail is a studio quality analog delay pedal capable of warm, authentic vintage tones with immense clarity and presence.
Vapor trail is a true analog delay pedal designed using the famed Bucket Brigade circuitry to provide authentic vintage tone with clarity, warmth and presence. Responsive modulation controls add shimmer and movement to your tone – with the Rate and Depth controls located on the top panel for easy access in live settings. From slap-back echo, ambient and long liquid delays to rotating speaker and long and liquid delays, Vapor Trail delivers a multitude of brilliant sounds. Vapor Trail also features a TRS insert that can send wet signal to any other pedal or effect, such as a flanger or chorus. You can also use it to separate the wet and dry outputs for stereo or recording setups, or plug in any standard volume pedal, and adjust the amount of wet signal with your foot. To round out the special features on this unit, we’ve made the Delay knob translucent with a cool blue LED that flashes to give you visual feedback on the delay time you have selected – especially handy when you’re playing live on a dimly lit stage! Like all of our pedals, Vapor Trail is designed and assembled at our Santa Barbara, California factory by the same team responsible for our legendary pickups.
- Type of Circuitry: Analog Bucket Brigade Devices (BBDs) supported by modern low-noise analog electronics. No microprocessors or digital signal processors
- Bypass: true bypass
- Delay Range: 15ms to 600ms. Actual delay time indicated by flashing rate of illuminated delay time knob
- Repeat control Range: one repeat to runaway repeats
- Modulation Rate Range: 0.2Hz to 4 Hz
- Modulation Depth Range: zero to "over the top"
- Dry Gain: 1dB fixed
- Wet Gain: Adjustable from muted to +3dB. At highest blend settings, the first echo is actually louder than the dry signal
- Auxiliary Functions: Wet channel insert loop, allows external effects to be applied to only the wet signal. Also serves as a wet-only output for wet/dry stereo or studio use
- Dry Frequency Response: <-1dB @ 10 Hz and 100 kHz
- Dry Distortion: 0.002% at 250 Hz, 1V RMS output
- Dry Noise Floor: -100dBv at output, 400Hz to 20kHz with input unplugged
- Wet Noise Floor: -90dBV at output, 400Hz to 20kHz
- Input Impedance: 1 Meg (active); open (bypassed)
- Output Impedance: 1K ohm
- Power: Internal 9V battery or external 9V-18V regulated power supply
- Current Consumption: 11mA typical
- Dimensions: Chassis size 2.61" x 4.90" x 1.45" (W x L x H)
- Weight: .8lb. Without battery