A classic overdrive gives a subtle boost, fat crunch, or a searing tone to your solos. 3-band active EQ shapes your tone just the way you want.
Whether you’re looking to give your sound a bit of a boost or trying to find harmonically rich heavy gain with warm tube character, the 805 overdrive provides the versatility needed for any type of music – blues, country, rock, metal, and everything in between. The 3-band active EQ, delivers unprecedented control -you can have a smooth, lyrical bluesy tone one minute, and crushing modern metal crunch the next. The 805 is designed to be the perfect overdrive for pushing the front end of an already distorted amp, giving you plenty of output and tone-shaping capability, but can also give your clean tone a controlled boost. Scoop your mids or tighten your hard rock/metal tone in front of a high gain amplifier. Give that solo a searing boost that cuts perfectly through the mix and give your low end rhythm parts controlled crunch. The 805 is capable of any of these and more. Being a true-bypass pedal, it will feel at home on whatever pedalboard you choose.
Like all of our pedals, the 805 Overdrive is designed and assembled at our Santa Barbara, California factory by the same team responsible for our legendary pickups.
- Distortion Circuitry: Glass diode, back-to-back stack
- Bypass: true bypass
- Gain Control Range: 8dB to 16dB
- EQ Center Frequencies: • Bass - 90 Hz +/- 11dB • Mid - 750 Hz +/- 11dB • Treble - 2.1 Khz +/- 12dB
- Gain Limits: • Minimum gain, 20 to 20kHz - 112dBV • Minimum gain, 400 to 20kHz - 114dBV • Maximum gain, 20 to 20kHz - 97.5dBv • Maximum gain, 400 to 20kHz - 98 dBV
- THD @10mVrms input @ 1 kHz with 12 dB of gain: 0.15%
- Max Output before Saturation: .6Vrms
- Input Impedance: 470k Ohms
- Output impedance: 1k Ohms
- Power: 9V bettery or external 9 to 18V regulated DC adapter (center negative)
We started with the classic overdrive tones we all know and love but we tightened up the bottom end and added more sparkle in the highs as well as more detailed note articulation. Whether you're after ringing cleans, a subtle boost, fat crunch, or even screaming sustaining solo tones, it's all in there.